FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Hello everyone I'm new here!...Ultra Lounge Series
Hello everyone I'm new here!...Ultra Lounge Series
audiophile

Posted: 2004-12-06 3:42 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone:

I'm a long time music fan/collector and have only recently discovered 'Tiki' and 'lounge' music through the excellent Capitol 'Ultra Lounge...' series. I'm enjoying this music greatly and have started to collect various artists and titles. I already have the complete 'Ultra Lounge' series. I must say I was disappointed with the recent 'Cocktails with Cole Porter' volume which I felt was not up to the standard of the previous editions. Also the new 'Christmas Cocktails Vol.3.' being available only in a boxset is a mistake. I have the first two Xmas volumes which are fun but I only play them for two weeks each Christmas so I proberly won't reinvest in the new boxset just to get the new edition. If it was available I would buy it.

Looking forward to talkin' Tiki with you all!
---------
Chris

View Profile of audiophile Send a personal message to audiophile  Goto the website of audiophile     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 2:01 pm   Permalink

Welcome audiophile, why not buy the box set & then give Vols. 1 & 2 as gifts to people who don't have them?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
audiophile

Posted: 2004-12-07 6:43 pm   Permalink

Hello freddie:

Good idea! Actually I'd already resigned myself to an option like that! I'd still prefer to see Vol.3. made available by itself. We had a swingin' good time with Vol.1. last night!
---------
Chris

View Profile of audiophile Send a personal message to audiophile  Goto the website of audiophile     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation