FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Mai Kai Bowl Delivered today?!!?!?
Mai Kai Bowl Delivered today?!!?!?
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 11:31 am   Permalink

Anyone else get one of these?

I pre-ordered this thing many moons ago (almost forgot about it) and was surprised to find a box from The Farm today. I figured it was the Ape mug, but the box looked waaaaay too big.

Lo & Behold, Its the mystery bowl! Well worth the wait. Huge & heavy. (I dont remember 'em being this big at the Mai Kai, but after a few cocktails there, everything loses perspective).

So....anyone have any clue how to mix the Mai Kai Mystery Drink? And can ya teach my Wahine the dance?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 5:22 pm   Permalink

FYI: King Kukulele was presented with the very first Mai Kai Bowl available to the public as his birthday present at his party at Sam's Seafood! He doesn't drink, but he was happy that he can now sit and eat a WHOLE box of cereal without refilling the bowl!

For those of you that will actually use this bowl, I can't give you any info on the ingredients for the Mystery Drink, but I can tell you that the "inner circle" that you see at the bottom of the bowl is where you can put your Volcano of Ice: Take shaved ice and use any food-safe cone-shaped container (strainer, sifter), fill it with the shaved ice and freeze it. When ready to use, take out your Volcano of Ice, invert it, take the point off the top (to make a flat surface) and put your 151-drenched slice-o-lime (not a wedge) on the top to light up! The Volcano of Ice keeps the drink nice & cold! Someone also suggested that you can artistically dribble Grenadine in the Volcano, without getting it in the drink, for a cool lava effect. I haven't tried that, but it seems like a good idea!

Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy 2005-11-29 00:30 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaloa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-07 6:45 pm   Permalink

Got mine today! - Boy, I'm going to need someone to share the drink with (well, maybe not!) - this thing is huge!

Colored one - orders on the way!

[ This Message was edited by: Kanaloa on 2004-12-07 20:52 ]

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 6:57 pm   Permalink

I'm watching out my window for FEDEX or UPS....damn, I wish they would hurry up!!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaiTaiMafia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-08 03:11 am   Permalink

SugarCaddyDaddy-

Where can I view the Mai Kai Mystery Bowl? Sounds intriguing and like something I need to adorn my bar!

Mahalo-

MTM

View Profile of MaiTaiMafia Send a personal message to MaiTaiMafia  Email MaiTaiMafia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 06:55 am   Permalink

MaiTaiMafia,

here's a link to the bowls.

http://www.tikifarm.com/html/bowls.htm

And if you ever get a chance, you've GOTTA get to Ft Lauderdale and have one of these at the Mai Kai!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaiTaiMafia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-08 12:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks Bargoyle!

My Credit card is going to get a workout this month!

MTM

View Profile of MaiTaiMafia Send a personal message to MaiTaiMafia  Email MaiTaiMafia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 1:10 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know if the bowls are still available directly from the MaiKai restaurant, as indicated on this page?:

http://www.maikai.com/shop/mugs_glasses_bowls.htm

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 2:54 pm   Permalink

Tikigreg,

I tried (awhile ago however) to get one by calling the Mai Kai (mentioned the web site pic) and was told that they barely had enough to keep serving customers, so they weren't selling them. I assume the Tiki Farm 5 color will become the Mai kai's replacement.

Give em a call. It cant hurt. And let us know if you score one.

kbgator
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 10:22 am   Permalink

Just got mine, damn is this heavy. Awesome I am going to have a party just so I can use it. Maybe a Christmas party?

View Profile of kbgator Send a personal message to kbgator  Email kbgator     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-10 10:13 pm   Permalink

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation