Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Looking for green moai 'plasma' lamp
Looking for green moai 'plasma' lamp
sinner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 12:43 pm   Permalink

Hello all, a bit of a strange request here. I am looking for a green moai looking (I think) 'plasma' type lamp like the one behind the bar at the Tiki-Ti.
I dont know why, but I love the look of that thing and simply MUST have one, so if anyone could help out it would be grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreatly appreciated

View Profile of sinner Send a personal message to sinner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlmostHuman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-07 2:41 pm   Permalink

Spencers Gifts....

View Profile of AlmostHuman Send a personal message to AlmostHuman  Email AlmostHuman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sinner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 2:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks AmostHuman. Unfortunately there is no longer a Spencer's gifts anywhere near me. There used to be one at the local mall, but it shut down years ago.
I checked their website, but they only have a store locator. I tried calling their customer service to request a catalog, but was told that they hadnt put out a catalog in "Oh...15 years or so", and the lady on the phone didnt really seem to care too much that I was trying to do business with them.
Just a heads up for anyone that doesnt have a spencer's near them.

View Profile of sinner Send a personal message to sinner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlmostHuman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-07 3:32 pm   Permalink

aw man...That blows dead bears. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm surprised that L.A. doesn't have a Spencers .

View Profile of AlmostHuman Send a personal message to AlmostHuman  Email AlmostHuman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sinner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 3:57 pm   Permalink

Upon closer inspection, there is a spencer's in LA, I just didnt see it the first time. Oops
I have located something very similar from a company called Lumisource, seen here:
http://www.mpodesigns.com/product/LSSPOOKYELECTRA
(Just imagine that in a moai shape), but their site doesnt show the one that I'm looking for.
I was really hoping to just order this thing online, but it looks like I'm going to have to take a trip over to west LA, trust me the traffic sucks

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 4:25 pm   Permalink

I run into them here and there at spencers. if you want, I can pick one up next time i see it. PM me, let me know.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 5:21 pm   Permalink

Call before you drive any distance to make sure they have one. Tiki is a summer theme and it's likely that they don't have any right now. They seem to stock them and other weird tiki items every summer.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 6:55 pm   Permalink

I got one that hasn't really found a home in my collection, I'd trade for just about any Munktiki or Bosko mug.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 05:32 am   Permalink

I also have one that I'd be willing to part with. PM me if interested.

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sinner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 09:41 am   Permalink

Thanks for the offers guys. Martiki has PM'ed me offering one for sale, but I havent heard back from him yet. If that deal doesnt pan out, I'll definitely be getting in touch with one of you.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation