FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tonight... Tiki Tuesday at Foundation - Milwaukee, WI... Appearance by Mr. Tiki Roadtrip...
Tonight... Tiki Tuesday at Foundation - Milwaukee, WI... Appearance by Mr. Tiki Roadtrip...
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 1:07 pm   Permalink

I just spoke with Don Nelson the bar manager at Foundation and founder of The Exotics and The Nelsonics... Tiki Tuesdays are rocking at Foundation! The bar continues it's transformation into a tiki lounge and now features tiki mugs that you can keep after you finish your drink. Don says that he tries to feature a different mug every week that keeps 'em coming. Complete tiki transformation continues through the winter with newly tikified men's room and dj area.

I will be appearing next Tuesday night from 9 pm until close with a wide assortment of tiki stuff. (Then it is off to Trader Vic's Wednesday night!)
I'll have a full report afterwards and some pictures of Foundation posted up here. Don also said that business has more than doubled since the tiki transformation. Milwaukee may have a tiki destination finally...

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-12-21 13:22 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 1:23 pm   Permalink

When I went to Foundation after your art show a few months ago (at the Art Walk where I had a great time but failed to find you!), I was pleased with the Tikiness creeping ever more steadily into the Foundation. I got to keep my Lono mug (from Dynasty). You can never have enough of those...

I have to pick up King Kukulele from the airport this Tuesday, but I may have to drive up to Milwaukee the following week.

Will you be there then too?

PS - bring some substantial Tikis to Tabu Tiki Nights this month - the crowd is expected to be the biggest ever!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 1:31 pm   Permalink

Stoked about next week! Two tiki events!

James... I'm hoping the response is good at Foundation next Tuesday and that will keep me coming consistantly... I will definately show up the Tuesday after if you come up... I could give you a tour of my tiki carving studio before hand... I'm only 5 minutes from Foundation...

Really looking forward to Vic's next week... and I too am anticipating a big crowd... hopefully in a mood to buy tiki! See if you can get a little extra room from A.J. and I'll double my inventory that I bring...

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-12-08 13:33 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 11:20 am   Permalink

Just consulted my schedule... I don't have anything important going on Wednesday the 22nd, so count me in for Foundation on Tuesday the 21st.

If any other Chicago TCers want a ride, drop me a PM. Expect side-trips to Mars Cheese Castle, At Random, Leon's Custard, Tip Top Atomic Shop, that huge all-50s antique mall, and Lake Surfer's place!
See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-13 1:48 pm   Permalink

Just a reminder...

I'll be having a Holiday Tiki Sale at Foundation in Milwaukee for Tiki Tuesday Nights. The dates are this Tuesday December 14 and Tuesday December 21. Tiki Drinks and Exotica spun by a DJ. Lowest prices of the year on hand carved tikis and tiki decor! They make perfect gifts!

Foundation is in
Milwaukee's Riverwest Neighboorhood
2718 N. Bremen
414-374-2587

Tiki Sale from 9 pm to close

Hope to see some TCers there!

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-13 1:59 pm   Permalink

Hey Dave -- You accepting web sales from this sale???

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-13 10:09 pm   Permalink

Whatcha looking for Pop? I'm sure I can work something out for my Hukilau Neighbor!
PM me with details...

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-16 2:16 pm   Permalink

Wow... thanks to all those who made purchases at Tabu Tiki Night... I have to get busy and get some more tikis carved for my show on the 21st! I will be at Foundation again that night with more tiki goodies for sale... Foundation has a good start as a tiki bar and things can only get better!

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 05:48 am   Permalink

Disgustingly low prices on tikis tonight at Foundation... The Year End Sale continues... and over the weekend I carved four new tikis that are on sale tonight... Come on up if you can make it... 9:30 pm - Close...

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 1:23 pm   Permalink

Just got a confirmation that James "Tiki Roadtrip" will be there tonight for drinks and tiki!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation