FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events New Years eve at Minnie's in Modesto, Ca!!! 12-31-2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New Years eve at Minnie's in Modesto, Ca!!! 12-31-2004
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 5:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-08 17:33, the drunken hat wrote:
well i just got off of the phone with minnies and they said sometimes he has a dj on new years and sometimes he doesn't. they said to call back next week and they should know for sure. i'll keep you posted.

I also just called and they said call back later--I figure between Minnies and The Tiki Bar at the Tropics we will be covered either way!!!! How about a warm up somewhere?? tee hee.
When I think of glamorous vacation destinations, I think of .... MODESTO!!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 6:55 pm   Permalink

if there is a dj, we could head upstairs. I was there last year.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 09:24 am   Permalink

vic~ they said the upstairs was by invite only. can you work your voodoo on peter and see if he'll give us all invites?

and yes smiley the dark marq will be open as you drive thru to motown. come by and have a cocktail! this offer is open to all that are coming out here for new years. pm me if your interested in stopping by.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 6:35 pm   Permalink

THIS JUST IN: The DJ crap was a fluke. It won't happen that night or probably ever again. I will bring a few cd's and we'll play OUR music. Hawaiian, APE, Martin Denny, Les Baxter and so on. That would be downstairs in OUR lounge area.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-12-09 18:36 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 6:42 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-12-27 10:50 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-09 6:43 pm   Permalink

cool! I'm gonna start drinking NOW!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 7:03 pm   Permalink

vic~ you da voodoo masta!!!

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 7:45 pm   Permalink

YAH Braddah, Peter promised me this whilst the pins were still in his voodoo doll ass.

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 11:18 pm   Permalink

Oh WOW, I am going to stay at the Blu-Lite one day if it kills me! er, I didn't mean it quite that way...but that sure is an odd name for the motel if you think of "spirit lights" in graveyards and stuff like that!

They have a cafe, right? MrSmiley, no doubt there IS a blue plate special!!!

(Maybe someday...a HALLOWEEN party lies in store for us all at the Blu-Lite! bwah ha hahahaha!)

As for New Years...not sure. We may be at the Conga or something more local. I want to hear what the Minnie's DJ situation is, too.

Dangergirl, I believe there are some newer luxury hotels somewhere in Stockton. I have a feeling I spotted one once looming over the dive bars somewhere in downtown. But it/they may be overpriced.

Hmmm. "Luxury hotels in Stockton." That is an odd sentence. Perhaps I shouldn't think about that too hard.

Anyway, the Days Inn in Molesto where Sandy, Unga and I bunked down for the Valley Crawl was actually nice. Probably not up to the "standard," but genuinely nice and not overpriced.

meow!purrr tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 12:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-14 23:18, tikivixen wrote:
the Days Inn in Molesto where Sandy, Unga and I bunked down for the Valley Crawl was actually nice.

Thanks Tikivixen!
I thought you and Sandy were great too.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 12:32 pm   Permalink

Why, thank you, handsome!

shucks,

tikivixen 'n sandy

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 5:50 pm   Permalink

maybe next year...

[ This Message was edited by: MRSMILEY on 2004-12-27 10:42 ]

dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-20 5:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-20 17:50, mrsmiley wrote:
Ok, Smiley and Dangergirl just booked a room at the Best Western Townhouse Lodge on 909 16 th St in Modesto (a block away from Minnies )for New Years Eve!!!
The room is a modest $74.70 AAA rate through Travelocity or Orbitz. Maybe the others will stay at this motel and if Minnies gets too crazy we could have a Motel party!!! ZAZZ!

I promise to stay up until at least 12:30 this time!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-27 10:51 am   Permalink

Mr. Smiley is chickening out--he is going to Palm Springs instead this year. Sorry to bail on Modesto, have fun y'all!!

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-12-27 10:53 ]

the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-27 10:57 am   Permalink

can't say as i blame you! hmmm.... 40 degrees and foggy in motowm or 70-80 degrees and sunny in PS (tuff choice there right). i just wish we could make it down there!

if anyone is still coming down to modesto send me a pm if you want to stop by the dark marq. we will still be holdin down the fort here in ripon!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation