FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki mug drink sets at Albertson's Supermarket
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki mug drink sets at Albertson's Supermarket
dmilkman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-08 3:03 pm   Permalink

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet,but Albertson's has two different Tiki mugs with drink mixes.
The box set is labeled "Freaki Tiki".One comes wth the mug,a bottle with "tiki sugar",pina colada mix ,and a small bottle of Ron Vicaro Barbados Rum.
The other comes with the mug,a bottle of "tiki sugar",berry mix,and a small bottle of Six vodka.Both were $9.99 each.
On the back of the box it says "Distributed by Albertson's Inc."

View Profile of dmilkman Send a personal message to dmilkman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sinner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 3:59 pm   Permalink

There is an Albertsons about two blocks from my house, so I might check this one out

View Profile of sinner Send a personal message to sinner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-08 4:26 pm   Permalink

Mmmmmm, Tiki Sugar.....

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 4:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

dangergirl299 wrote:
Mmmmmm, Tiki Sugar.....

Yes dear..you called me? haha!

DMilkMan, I'm almost afraid to ask what the mugs look like...

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 5:55 pm   Permalink

One style of the mugs is marked "Shonfeld's USA. Inc." and it is the style of the orchids of Hawaii R-72.
Page 16, top row of Tiki Quest, cast looks most like the picture at the top left corner of the page.
I presumed these were old news to most, so didn't post about it before. Silly me, looking for groceries instead of tikitunities (might be my own new word, tiki opportunities) in the grocery store!

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 6:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-08 17:55, ZebraTiki wrote:
One style of the mugs is marked "Shonfeld's USA. Inc." and it is the style of the orchids of Hawaii R-72.

These may be related to the mugs discussed here:
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=7790&forum=5&start=0

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 10:06 pm   Permalink

Here ya go....

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-12-08 22:06 ]

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 01:44 am   Permalink

My local Albertson's (Los Altos, CA) got these in about a week ago, though the packaging is different than the ones in the picture. The one that I picked up (The Green Orchids rip off) also came with a mini bottle of Ronrico Rum. Sadly I didn't take pics of the box together, but I have some of the package contents seperated out I might post if I can figure out how.

You might want to be a little careful though, as the mug I got had several flaws on it. So now it has been my go-to mug for most non-tiki moment applications (i.e. Having a little beverage while crusing the TC boards at 1:00am), because if it meets an ill fate, so be it.

All I can say is it's definately no Miehana...

[ This Message was edited by: HelzTiki on 2004-12-09 01:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: HelzTiki on 2004-12-09 01:57 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 06:13 am   Permalink

These are the same sets offered at Spencers over the summer, and Marshalls this fall. Although Marshalls' undoubtedly got them from somewhere that couldn't sell them over the summer. I've also seeen them offered at kitchen stores. This is the same company that offered the set of shotglasses, with the little dish. Not that this information helps anyone, but meh. ALoha!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwingingTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-12 11:16 am   Permalink

Just wanted to let you know I found a set of four of these at a TJ Maxx here in Toledo. Tiki Mee Mee has a Mai Tai mix, Tiki Tee Tee has a Blue Hawaiian mix, Tiki Jee Jee has a Pina Colada mix, and Tiki Dee Dee has a Daquiri mix. I got them all for about 4 bucks eachand I'm just leaving them in their packaging. It's attractive and I know how to make all the drinks without the mixes or the sugar that comes with them. Anyhoo, if you're looking around, that's where I found the whole set!

View Profile of SwingingTiki Send a personal message to SwingingTiki  Email SwingingTiki ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwingingTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-12 11:28 am   Permalink

Just wanted to let you know I found a set of four of these at a TJ Maxx here in Toledo. Tiki Mee Mee has a Mai Tai mix, Tiki Tee Tee has a Blue Hawaiian mix, Tiki Jee Jee has a Pina Colada mix, and Tiki Dee Dee has a Daquiri mix. I got them all for about 4 bucks eachand I'm just leaving them in their packaging. It's attractive and I know how to make all the drinks without the mixes or the sugar that comes with them. Anyhoo, if you're looking around, that's where I found the whole set!

View Profile of SwingingTiki Send a personal message to SwingingTiki  Email SwingingTiki ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwingingTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-12 11:30 am   Permalink

SwingingTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-12 11:30 am   Permalink

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-12 12:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-12 11:16, SwingingTiki wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Does anyone know if TJ Max has these mug sets?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-12 10:28 pm   Permalink

Unga, you crack me up!

Unga, you crack me up!

Unga, you crack me up!

Unga, you crack me up!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation