Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tokyo Mugs
Tokyo Mugs
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 1:30 pm   Permalink

Here is a pic of the mugs and a few other items I picked up from the Tiki-Tiki in Tokyo

Here is the menu

Here is a prop flyer

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTrevor on 2004-12-09 13:53 ]

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 2:27 pm   Permalink

ahh, so I see you swiped an ashtray too! : )

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 4:23 pm   Permalink

isn't that the skull mug that just went for like, $100 or so on ebay? i could be wrong.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 4:32 pm   Permalink

Yes that is the same mug that went for almost 100 on ebay. These mugs are only available in Japan. Yes an ashtray did "accidentally" make it into one of my friends bags on the way out. They had another mug that was shaped like the Disney World mugs, but this one was black with gold trim. The manager told me it was an old mug that they don't make anymore. He wouldn't sell me one

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 8:58 pm   Permalink

TikiTrevor - I have very bad news for you. If you take such items off the island, you bring with you an ancient curse! If you do not send me these immediately, so I can reverse the curse, something terrible might happen! Do not wait! Send these now!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 10:12 pm   Permalink

I have heard of such curse. But I have heard that the all mighty eBay God can also rid you of this evil curse.

Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 11:18 pm   Permalink

Wow, what a score!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-10 04:26 am   Permalink

the mugs on Ebay selling for thousands (skull and wahine tiki) were from our own tikifish...check out her thread on tiki marketplace.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-10 07:25 am   Permalink

Thousands? I wish! Nope, I have yet to break the 4 digit mark on anything on Ebay... The skull mug was bought by a TC member too, if he wishes to make himself known... (the mug is on it's way, by the way!).

I have the full set of 5 plus an ashtray (hey, how did that get in there?) in my personal collection at home too. I was going to take pics, but they would look exactly like your pic, so it would be a little redundant now!

Did you hear anything about how long the mug promotion would last? I was under the impression that these mugs were a limited time thing - the first time I went they said they were not for sale (and they did not have all these new and exciting ones like the skull, loco girl, hibiscus, and coconut).

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-10 09:23 am   Permalink

When we went on our Tokyo Tiki Farewell Tour in early Novemeber, the Shinjuku Tiki Tiki had flyers at every table pointing out the mugs were for sale.

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation