FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki Lounge, Ludington, MI (bar)
Tiki Lounge, Ludington, MI (bar)
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 10:04 pm   Permalink

Name:Tiki Lounge
Type:bar
Street:212 E. Ludington Ave.
City:Ludington
State:MI
Zip:49431
Phone:(231)843-3407

Description:
Lots of masks, Tiki barstools, Tapa cloth on the walls, enough Pufferfish lamps to count as a Pufferfish Chandalier, and what looks like a nice Witco on one wall. The barstools were worn & some of the Tapa cloth was torn, but most of the decor was in good shape.

On the down side, don't bother to order a Mai Tai. The bartender pretty much only serves longnecks & the house specialty: the Shark Attack. A Shark Attack tastes like Kool Ade or Gatorade with vodka & light rum added, and it's serverd in a fishbowl with a rubber shark & a couple plastic fish. I drank 3 & was hardly buzzed.

Lots of room on three levels, with a dance floor on the second level. There are 1/2 a dozen big screen TVs that play music videos that you're supposed to dance to, most of the music was unfotunately Rap Metal mixed with some '80s Hair Bands.

I tried to meet the owner of the lounge, but the bouncer kept putting me off saying he'd be in \"in an hour.\" After almost 3 hours of getting this answer we left the locals to their Buds.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 11:43 am   Permalink

Some of the pictures I took of the Tiki Lounge, I'm still missing some of the Tapa cloth pictures & the picture of the possibly-a-Witco carving:

The sign out front, it's Ladies Night! Woo Hoo:

The Front Door to the Club:

The Pufferfish lamps (hold the monitor over your head for full effect):

A couple of the masks mounted on the wall, surrounded by Tapa cloth:

Two of the Tiki barstools:

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation