FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Bar 2005 a Swanky project
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki Bar 2005 a Swanky project
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 07:03 am   Permalink

I hope to have the new site up this weekend. I am in serious geek mode. I have a site I am doing for a friend, I am getting the Hukilau reservations/payment system ready for the debut on the 22nd, and I am getting the Headhunter site ready to go live... Lots of time not spent out enjoying the freaking awesome spring weather! Anyway...

I was able to chat with the bar/restaurant owner I wanted to about my current stagnation. He was very jazzed about helping and excited (again) about the project. I am working on booking Wholly Kats/Haole Kats at his club on the way up to Exotica, and he said 'yes' just on my reputation. I am hoping he'll get very involved in the bar. There is some sort of opening party on Friday and he asked me for a sample CD of my DJ music and talked about my DJing the event. That's a great plus. Gets me some extra time to get to know him and impress him with my rekkid collection and taste in music. Hopefully, it'll lead to a sit down over Mai Tais to talk in depth.

His attitude about my plans alone gave me a lot of needed energy and hope. When a guy who owns my favorite bar in town, and owns 2 other bars and just opened a restaurant and another bar and has many other bars behind him says the idea is great and will work and I need to get it done... you beleive...

And I found a source for cheap mugs and 18" straws... Who knew they made so many of the old mug styles to this day? They may not be Tiki Farm quality, but they will work. As money comes in, we'll replace old standard mugs and bowls with new designs made just for us.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 08:11 am   Permalink

The newest artwork from Hoffa arrived featuring the New Guinea piece. Here is a black and white logo with new lettering. I am rushed to get ready for TTN so, no time to get the paintings ready for you. Next week...

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 08:47 am   Permalink

Now that looks great!

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 09:24 am   Permalink

I like this one too. It's very unique, and has a lot of character.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 09:34 am   Permalink

Swank, I think this one is Very much better than the last. This is one that peeps will remember and be interested in. Looks great. Now if we can just get the HeadHunter OPen, Open, Open,open

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 2:50 pm   Permalink

This one's awesome! It's also great 'cause you can display this dude in the lounge. That will help assure that people who visit will never forget yr place.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 2:58 pm   Permalink

swanky, i behind you 100% with that logo.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 6:03 pm   Permalink

Bravo on that logo... Run with it!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 3:28 pm   Permalink

Here are the painted versions. The second one is to be photoshopped into the other driftwood sign.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 06:17 am   Permalink

On the way back from TTN I had a long talk with Primo Kimo about what worked and didn't work at Kahiki Moon. He gave me some really great advice that will get me much further down the road to tiki bar opening. It's simply invaluable to have real world experience to draw from. The main things I got from him that will make things easier:

He got 180 seats in about 3,000 square feet! I still want to see a layout, but that's phenomenal. That means I could get 75 in a much smaller space than I imagined.

He suggested a menu that I have pretty much been considering and have worked at. It all makes sense for having a small kitchen footprint and a smaller staff.

He gave me an idea of his opening costs that goes with what was spent to open Hale Tiki and gives me an even better ballpark on what it will cost to get off the ground.

Thanks James. I hope I can get a place open that looks as good as those pictures of the Kahiki Moon.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-05 2:47 pm   Permalink

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 5:23 pm   Permalink

Everything just suddenly came together. In a hurry to get open and get revenue, we didn't get a lot done outside. We're waiting for Mai Tiki to finish the large flaming tiki sign. Lots of landscaping, etc. Gonna cover the exterior in matting. But, when the right building came along, we went full speed ahead!

Well, actually this is church down the strret from me... I wish...

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2006-03-07 16:16 ]

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 5:41 pm   Permalink

Fantastic logo, sign, and building. Keep it up Swanky. You can rest when your dead.

Right ON!!!

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 5:42 pm   Permalink

Swanky, Why don't you approach the church and explain that we'd like to worship our own way (maybe a bit differently than they are used to) on Friday and Saturday night and we'll take down the decor in time for services on Sunday! You could make stuff just like in your doctored photo with quick release fasteners for easy set-up and take-down.

Congrats on finding a space.

-Duke

P.S. If it's not obvious, I'm kidding about using the church as a Tiki bar. No disrespect intended.

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 7:25 pm   Permalink

That church is on a street I refer to as the architect's street. Every house seems to be a different style. Then I see this church and I thought, That's it! But, it is a chuch and it's way in a residencial area and would never work, maybe. Very cool and and easy remodel to be a freakin awesome tiki bar though!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation