FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Bar 2005 a Swanky project
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki Bar 2005 a Swanky project
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 8:06 pm   Permalink

Ladies and gentlemen ... start your engines! And they're off!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 8:17 pm   Permalink

how have I missed this?!?!?!

Swank - this is AWESOME!!!!! and it's really coming along, I can't wait to see what more you have instore!

A tiki bar is a church of sorts, so I don't think it's too far off the mark...

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 12:15 am   Permalink

Swanky...I had to comment because I just read this entire thread in one sitting. A momuntal endeavor especially considering what time it is. I wanted to know.

You have undertaken quite a task, my friend. I just want to encourage you and say keep up the postive energy. I know it's tough, but I wanted to offer more moral support.

Rah Rah Rah and all of that. Go Swanky.

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 1:30 pm   Permalink

Hi Swanky! This has been one of my favorite threads! So happy to see things starting to come together for you. I can relate to the roller coaster ride that starting your own business puts you on! Just remember for all the blood & sweat, it's so worth it, especially when you see people enjoying what you've created!! Power to you baby!!

If I'm ever in your part of the world, The Headhunter will be a definite stop for some grog and a bite!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-28 8:21 pm   Permalink

I have the site rather finished. I have the mailing list sign up complete and that was the main thing I was waiting on to make it official.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-29 08:23 am   Permalink

With some landscaping, that'll turn into a swank pad there, Swanky. I have friends in knoxville... I think a visit will be in order!

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-30 2:58 pm   Permalink

Swanky, the site Really looks great as well as the rendering of the lace. Beautiful..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 08:04 am   Permalink

It's been a while since I added to this thread, so, let me update.

At the beginning of the year, I was working a job that made it all very easy. I was ready to work for myself and make this tiki bar happen. In the last few months, I moved into a different position which has the potential to make me a relatively rich man as the top guy in a big company on it's way to being a huge corporation. However, that's all on fiath and a man's word. A man I trust, but still, at this point I am slaving away for not enough money.

The word we had was that things would change for me this summer. There is now a week of unofficial summer and nothing has happened. I am more tired of my job than ever and have turned my attention back to the bar.

One thing I have learned in these preparations is that you must be there on the job all the time. A full time job at the least. It's a big commitment.

It's a decision not made lightly. If the bar is to be my only source of income, and I have a partner who is to be repaid, etc, I have to plan a certain way and I have to make this work very well.

So, in the coming couple of weeks, my boss will either come through with his promises and I will see myself staying in this company a good bit longer, or he won't and I will finish my business plan and start shopping for an investor and a location.

I've gotten great support from all over. Ms Swanky's uncle just moved to town and he is an architect who says he'll help design what is needed gratis. I talked to Hoffa last weekend and he is ready to help out with more artwork for the menu, etc. A few of you have said you are ready to buy Mai Tais...

So, it's in limbo for now and I am moving back towards doing this thing, but it hangs in the balance.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 1:48 pm   Permalink

Nice to hear from you again Swank. I hope everything turns out Great for you, I know you have worked your butt off. Good luck and thanks for keeping us posted.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-27 3:07 pm   Permalink

If it happens, I've got carved Tikis I'll give you, gratis. Well, you may have to throw in a couple of drinks...

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-02 4:35 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: saxotica 2005-09-02 16:45 ]

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-10 1:17 pm   Permalink

I hit about 10 antique stores Friday on the way to the Omni Hut to tape the Turner South show and I came across a piece that has to go in the Headhunter Lounge!

I have seen a few smaller versions, but the top of this one reaches 6 feet! They also have the sword, but too many people mess with it so it's hidden.

Oooh, man boobs...

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-12 08:54 am   Permalink

Never thought I'd ever have a reason to go to Knoxville. Got one now! Nice job on the web-site!

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-12 09:05 am   Permalink

Learn to breath and count to 20, repeatedly. I'm holding on and hoping this will work out for you!

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-12 09:20 am   Permalink

That is a great find Swank, Perfect for a Headhunter anything! Luck is with you to put that piece in your pathway. Nice.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation