[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Magazine
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2004-12-10 8:55 pm   Permalink

I'm officially announcing a new publication, Tiki Magazine. Some of you may have heard about it. I didn't want to make an official announcement before everything was in order. The magazine is going to be standard size (8 and 1/2" by 11"), full color cover, b/w on the inside with a color center section. I've been working hard on this for awhile. There are many TCers contributing to the magazine. There are so many talented people in the Tiki world and our hope is to spotlight them and give additional exposure. The first issue is coming out in April of 2005. The website is www.tikimag.net. The magazine will start out quarterly and if it is well received will come out more frequently. Subscriptions are available. One year (4 issues) for $12. Make check or money order payable to Tiki Magazine and send to 5663 Balboa Ave. Suite 398 San Diego, CA 92111. This magazine is being done with great passion and respect for the Tiki culture and all of you. Thank you to all the TCers who have helped in this project. I hope this makes your holiday season even brighter.

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-10 11:33 pm   Permalink

Nice going nicktiki. I wish you the best of luck with it. It's certainly a noble cause to all of us tiki freaks.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mystiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-10 11:52 pm   Permalink

Great job, Nick! What's in store for the first issue, any clues? Inquiring minds want to know.

Rae

Jamio Designs (jamio.com)-Taboo Tiki and Kustom Kulture Art

View Profile of Mystiki Send a personal message to Mystiki  Email Mystiki Goto the website of Mystiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 05:51 am   Permalink

Sounds exciting. Can't wait for first issue.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 09:23 am   Permalink

Hey guys!
I'd like to say that the ad spaces are very reasonable. I know I'll be putting an ad in every issue. It's a NO-BRAINER. I know this will be a quality magazine and a great place to market our creations, art, music, services, etc.

www.fallingcocos.com

[ This Message was edited by: mean gene on 2004-12-11 15:02 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 09:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-10 20:55, nicktiki wrote:
There are many TCers contributing to the magazine.

Anyone we know?

Sounds interesting. Is it a fanzine type thing or more of a moneymaking venture? Who's behind it? Who's providing the finance? Where is it going to be sold? The website doesn't give out that much info.

Sorry to sound like a suspicious arse, but it's a little difficult to gauge what angle you're coming from. I'm sure the secrecy is more to do with the fact that you don't want anyone else to steal the idea, but now that the mag is out in the open, perhaps you could fill us in a bit more.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 10:14 am   Permalink

I talked to Nick last week for some time about this new mag. I don't think its going to be any kind of "flash in the pan to make a buck" kind of operation. Its going to have some cool regular features - with articles by some of our very own here on TC. I won't divulge the details because I don't want to step on anybody's toes but I can say that I think we'll all be pleased!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 11:10 am   Permalink

I also had the opportunity to learn more from nicktiki about his new magazine, not because I'm anything special, but only because I happened to be in Tiki-Ti at the right time and struck up conversation with the right stranger. When we spoke, his concerns about keeping some of the details quiet had to do with making sure this cake is fully cooked before he serves it. This is a fun project mounted by a true tikiphile, and I look forward to seeing it.

Critiki - Critiki News - Ooga-Mooga

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 11:16 am   Permalink

I know that Nick does not expect to make a profit on the first issue and is forking out a lot out of his own pocket to do this. He's doing the magazine for his love of Tiki and to help us all and to spread the word. The magazine will spotlight Tiki bars, artists, carvers, bands and much more, but he needs to sell ads and subscriptions to make it possible. It's going to be great and I will help out any way I can.

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 11:47 am   Permalink

OK - Great!

I guess that's the deal when you kick off a project - keep it hush hush to avoid anyone stealing the idea and risk suspicion when it kicks off or go the other way and allow less scrupulous types to rip off the grand concept.

If my fellow Tiki Centralites back it, that's good enough for me. I'll help out from here in Europe if you need me.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 11:51 am   Permalink

I see no loction for nicktiki in his profile. is this going to be a west coast thing? TD

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 12:31 pm   Permalink

San Diego maybe?

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 1:24 pm   Permalink

Hmm.. cheap ads, Would I be able to sell my spice blends or does it have to be 100% Poly related?

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 11:52 pm   Permalink

cant wait to see it, as far as tiki publications the more the marrier to me....

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-12-12 12:10 am   Permalink

What other ones are there? Tiki News is pretty much on indefinite hiatus.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation