FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events A Very Grotto Christmas: December 19th at The Novato Grotto! * Now with details!*
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
A Very Grotto Christmas: December 19th at The Novato Grotto! * Now with details!*
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-12-11 01:14 am   Permalink

Come one and come all for some xmas cheer in bee-yootiful Novato, CA!

We're offering up two special events for the price of one.

1. First, come see the incredible Rombeiro Christmas House. A Novato tradition for over a dozen years, the Rombeiro decorate their place to an extent that must be seen to be believed. Over 50,000 lights, plus animated figures, fake snow and much more. Plus, every room of the interior is open for viewing and is wall to wall madness- huge train diorama, animatronic Santas, fiber optic angels- the list goes on and on. It is truly kitch overload and must be seen to be believed!!!

2. A special sneak peek at The Novato Grotto, featuring tropical holiday drinks!

The plan is to have an after-dinner, low-key Sunday night affair. We'd love to have folks up to see the joint and share some holiday spirit(s). We need some feedback- please post if you're interested in coming and we'll figure out the rest of the details!

(This is a non-religous event, by the way)

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2004-12-16 08:06 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 10:45 am   Permalink

a pagen "festivis" at the grotto! we should be in. it is a tenetive yes at this point though. is there a motel near by your place?

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 10:58 am   Permalink

Can we see some pics PLEASE?!

(This is a non-religous post, by the way)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-12-11 11:06 am   Permalink

There are a few cheap hotels in the area- including a decent looking travelodge right down the street at only $51 a night.

Sorry, Unga- The Novato Grotto can only be seen in person at this time. It's terribly exclusive.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 11:19 am   Permalink

Geese Martin,
It's not like I was asking to see a photo of your "exclusive" Tiki.

(This is a non-sexual post, by the way)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-12-11 12:40 pm   Permalink

huh?

tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 12:43 pm   Permalink

classic!

i caught that spelling error too. maybe unga had an early start on drinking this morning.....

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-12-11 12:47 pm   Permalink

I wouldn't call it an early start. Maybe a head start. Either way it looks like we've got some catching up to do. I better get goin'.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-12-11 1:02 pm   Permalink

Well, in fairness to Unga, if I'm going to give him the business about spelling, I must attack the hat as well: Pagen?

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-12-11 1:02 pm   Permalink

(This is a non-pagan event, by the way)

the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 1:15 pm   Permalink

pagan shmagan same thing! gees and geese is a whole other story though. besides if you think colleen didn't give me the business already you are oh soooooo wrong. i was going to fix it but i hate editing my messages!

hey when is there going to be spell check on this site anyway!

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 2:25 pm   Permalink

The Foggy Grotto party crowd wasn't as "electrifying" as Martiki had hoped, but still all had a good time.
(This was a non-animal abuse event, by the way)

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-12-11 23:04 ]

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-12 12:18 pm   Permalink

Sounds great, count me in!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-12 12:20 pm   Permalink

Woo hoo! Pineapples are in!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-12 12:28 pm   Permalink

You know, after that last Foggy Grotto party, I had poo on my shoes, and corn in my pockets...I thought it was the 151??? jeeez.

Cindy? cheesy beer fondue???? PLEASE?
xoxox
mrs. pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation