FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » A Very Grotto Christmas: December 19th at The Novato Grotto! * Now with details!*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
A Very Grotto Christmas: December 19th at The Novato Grotto! * Now with details!*
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-17 7:42 pm   Permalink

Every time I see this post I think it says "A Very Ghetto Christmas".

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-19 2:40 pm   Permalink

Martin & Rebecca, we can't make it tonight. Naomi's a bit under the weather, and we're just a little overwhelmed with holiday prep too. Looking forward to the next chance to see the new and improved grotto in 2005!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-19 6:00 pm   Permalink

Ditto here, Martiki...
Way too much fun (and cocktails) at Aquazombie and TikiGoddess' house last night !! also Denise is leaving on a business trip tomorrow morning !!
Have a blast you guys...will visit the Grotto soon.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-12-19 9:15 pm   Permalink

Martiki,

I'll have to say I miss your schtrarmunstrafrienz (I made that one up, ask me how).

I'd love to attend your party, but could you get me a ride up and back (must be full-service).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 10:21 am   Permalink

Let me be the first to say, about the Novato Grotto, HOLY CRAP! It's a 14 on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being the best tiki bar ever. The extra bonus points are for presentation and drama, and a few for good, really good company!
The drinks were delicious, as always, but really, you guys have outdone yourselves with the décor! I'm happy you've got the bar you've always dreamed of!

And the Romberio's are to, um, lots of Christmas decorations, what The Grotto is to magnificent Tiki experiences. Who knew that Santa and the reindeer landed on the barn that Jesus was born in, and that along with the 3 wise men, were Mickey and Minnie Mouse in 18th century apparel, a dozen Frosty the Snowman's, and 250000 twinkling lights. The home to the scariest/weirdest animatronics dancing snowman EVER!

Thanks Martin and Rebecca for the great party, Cindy for the secret cheesy beer fondue and Judd and Mark for treating us to a 2 hour ukulele sing along. And thanks for not cutting me off when I was encouraged to sing the Freebird verse/guitar solo. What a great way to kick off Christmas week,
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It could be the residual rum...

Mr. Pineapple is posting photos...

[ This Message was edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2004-12-20 10:23 ]

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 10:25 am   Permalink

I bumped my head on a low beam, was knocked out for a half-hour and during that time Drunken Santa show up!!!! I always miss all the fun!
Thanks M and R for an otherwise fun event in a great place!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 10:46 am   Permalink

O holy night! That was one of the best tiki events ever! Thanks to M&R for their awesome holiday hospitality. There weren't any wise men left at the end of the night, but there were lots of jolly ones. The bar is beyond belief and truly one of the wonders of the known world. Here's just a few pics from a great night. I think some people may still be there drinking at this moment, so consider these pics a "live feed".

More pics and captions to come later, including a movie of the horrifying animatronic snowman from Hell. The first two are the Christmas house near Martiki's and are NOT his place. Though they do illustrate how you feel when visiting the grotto: Like you're lit up by a million twinkling lights, and the next morning you wake up with a huge electrical bill.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-bot on 2004-12-20 10:47 ]

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 10:49 am   Permalink

Oh Yeah, Santa was there...he promised to let me sit on his lap, but he left before I could talk to him, I think it was during my Freebird solo...

When Santa walked in I had a weird flashback to dirty dancing with him at a Devilettes show last year. I think I drink too much around the holidays...

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 10:54 am   Permalink

Geese, finally some mystery photos.
Thanks Tiki-bot.
The Grotto looks great Martin and Rebecca,
I hope to make the next gig.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 10:57 am   Permalink

I'm showing these pictures to my friends at work, and I realized that it's possible that some people might not see the line between horribly tacky over the top, and amazingly detailed, lovingly collected...oh well, had they served rum punch at the Romberio's, my cynicism would have been drowned...

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 10:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-20 10:54, Unga Bunga wrote:
Geese, finally some mystery photos.
Thanks Tiki-bot.
The Grotto looks great Martin and Rebecca,
I hope to make the next gig.

It was a GEESE and Peppermint Schnapps free event!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 11:42 am   Permalink

But there *were* some pagans there.

weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 12:47 pm   Permalink

Fantastic party! Man, oh, man! The Martikis have done a splendid job creating the Novato Grotto. The cocktails were copious and expertly concocted. The company was outstanding as was the food. Thanks also to Hanford who shared his secret that if one were to dip Mr. & Mrs. Pineapples' homemade sensational sushi into Cynfull's delectable cheesy-beer fondue, one would have an altogether sublime snacking experience. Indeed! Three cheers for The Grotto and gang!

-Weird Unc

p.s. Aquarj, you and Chichiwan were missed. Hope y'all is feeling fine.

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 4:56 pm   Permalink

I love my NorCal 'ohana! I love 'em sooooo much that I flew up Sunday afternoon (and had to grab a flight home first thing this morning... went to work straight from the airport!) because I *had* to be at the first Novato Grotto party. It was a great time, spent with friends who are very, very dear to me, and I'm so glad I got to be there.

Thank you to Martin & Rebecca for going all-out as hosts... I've never had a bum drink from Martin, even when he's made something up on the spot, it's been delicious. Mark & I had many tasty Captain's Grogs and Painkillers... it's a miracle to me that when I woke up this morning (at an inhuman hour), I somehow felt A-OK. The food was delicious, too... Cyndful's fondue must be experienced, and while I regrettably didn't try the sushi with cheese, the sushi was delish, as well! Mahalo to Judd for making my uke sound much, much better than I could have--Mark really enjoyed your uke jam, usually he's stuck with me, which is a not-entirely-fun jamming experience. And most of all, mahalo to Santa for kissing me under the mintletoe! And as if having a visit from Santa wasn't exciting enough, we also had a visit from another mythical entity: Hanford Lemoore!

The whole picture gallery is here:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/grottoxmas/

I'll pull a few of my favorite pics out later tonight.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 15:40 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 5:17 pm   Permalink

I enjoyed myself and the company of the few, the proud, the distinguished, and the embarassingly drunk.... well, not really. But man, if the Coco Lopez hadn't been tapped, I have a feeling that the Novato Grotto motel would have a buzzing "No Vacancy" sign.

Dammit, did I miss Drunken Santa though? Bugger. The "Apeshit Bonzo" Christmas House was a blast as well.

Cheers to all.

-tikimonkey, aka Sarge, aka DocTiki

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation