FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events A Very Grotto Christmas: December 19th at The Novato Grotto! * Now with details!*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
A Very Grotto Christmas: December 19th at The Novato Grotto! * Now with details!*
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-12-20 5:23 pm   Permalink

Many thanks for the kind words and many thanks for the fantastic turnout!

We thought: a Sunday night, holiday week, middle of nowhere, etc., that we'd get about four people for about 15 minutes. Lesson learned: Never underestimate the NorCal ohana! (Or Humu!!) Always a good crowd and always great drinkers!

AND- we're overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. Thank you for all the fine gifts of barware, food, booze and handicrafts. We couldn't have asked for a better innagural party for the grotto. I really enjoyed all the terrific food, and hope dearly that Mr. & Mrs. Pineapple were not offended by dipping their tasty sushi into Velveeta! It was surprisingly good! Good thing Judd didn't see me make spritzers with his wine!

Thanks again to all, and to all a good night!

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2004-12-20 17:25 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 7:56 pm   Permalink

Yep, that was just the most amazing tiki bar unveiling imaginable! You could cut the drama and anticipation with a knife (fogcutter?)

You two are the best- mahalo for the excellent drinks, great company, and throwing another blast of a gig!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-20 11:19 pm   Permalink

The Famous Fondue Recipe

1 16-ounce package Velveeta, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup Anchor Steam Beer
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 1-pound loaf sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes

Combine Velveeta, beer and Tabasco, then heat in microwave until cheese is melted. Serve in heated fondue pot with bread cubes for dipping.

---------------

For last night's party, I doubled the recipe. Yes, that was TWO POUNDS of Velveeta! whee!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-12-21 12:23 am   Permalink

It's Velvetastic!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 10:28 am   Permalink

I had to brush my teeth TWICE to get that blue stuff off. ICK.

(I ate a blue candy cane on the way to the party and it stained the entire inside of my mouth.)

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 10:35 am   Permalink

It was full of cheesy goodness! Mahalo Cindy!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-21 00:23, martiki wrote:
It's Velvetastic!

Santa's suit or the fondue???
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 10:46 am   Permalink

Looks like a great time was had by all. Sorry I missed it.
The new Grotto looks beautiful. Congratulations to Martin and Rebecca.
Mele Kalikimaka!

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaloa
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-21 11:24 am   Permalink

All I can say is "WOW"! Love the new Grotto and sorry to have missed it too.

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 12:42 pm   Permalink

Martin, that was the most amazing bar unveiling of all time. Really. Those of you who missed it missed out BIGTIME.

Not to mention, Martiki and Rebecca are the finest hosts ever, the rest of their pad is terrific too (Danish modern!!!), the crazy Christmas house was mindboggling (we were right NOT TO DRINK *BEFORE* going there...)
and there's nothing like Cindy's fondooey!

Thanks so very much, you guys!!!

xoxoxox tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 1:29 pm   Permalink

thank you two for being the gracious host and hostess of a truly magnificent unveiling! the bar looks great and the drinks were awesome! thanks again for your generous hospitality and we hope to see you guys soon!

dh and cleen

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 2:00 pm   Permalink

I was very impressed--it almost looked good as your old place!!

Seriously folks, I was very impressed by his design of the bar(among other things). Looking at all the thought that went into the back of the bar for maximum drink making efficiency shows what great hosts the Martikis are . I especially like the divided crate installed at a 45 degree angle so all his fast moving liquors and mixes were at easy reach-that is art, baby!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-28 2:03 pm   Permalink

I don't see how martin can be unemployed when surely there are people out there who would pay good money for such a fabulous tiki bar construction! (me, for example)

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheWickedWahine

Posted: 2004-12-28 8:32 pm   Permalink

It looks awesome! Loved going through the pics and seeing other locals enjoying the holidays in tiki style.

View Profile of TheWickedWahine Send a personal message to TheWickedWahine  Goto the website of TheWickedWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-12-28 10:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-28 14:03, dangergirl299 wrote:
I don't see how martin can be unemployed when surely there are people out there who would pay good money for such a fabulous tiki bar construction! (me, for example)

I'm available!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation