FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Kiliki moves to Ft. Lauderdale!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Kiliki moves to Ft. Lauderdale!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-13 4:46 pm   Permalink

Ok, the company I work for threw me this bone once and I didn't take it. I was just offered the entire Florida region on the 2nd try with an offer I couldn't refuse.

I will be relocating to the Ft. Lauderdale area in mid-January. I am really excited about everything except the weather! I'll be based there and will travel to all of our locations in Florida.

I will still carry on with Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta and will be in attendance on those dates.

I look forward to spending time with all of you in Florida and of course will find residence as close to the Mai Kai as possible. Not to mention this is going to make organizing Hukilau so much easier.

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-12-13 16:47 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-13 5:04 pm   Permalink

Congratulations! Sounds like you can still live it up.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-13 6:14 pm   Permalink

Awesome news.
You'll love it there.

See you at the Hawaiian Inn in Jan.?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 03:40 am   Permalink

My goodness, congratulations!!!!!!
Welcome to the FL ohana. May the ever present sunshine smile in your favor on moving days.
Here's to many more Mai Kai memories in your future.

[ This Message was edited by: I dream of tiki on 2004-12-14 03:41 ]

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 08:22 am   Permalink

I'm not sure if I'm making it to the Hawaiian Inn or not. Hopefully so, this move is going to happen pretty quickly. I'm already taking over some locations and it looks like I'll be down this week for 2 days and 3 next week.

Thanks everyone - I'm excited!

The Hukilau

The Most Authentic Tiki Event in the World and the Official Event Honoring the Mai-Kai est. 1956

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 08:52 am   Permalink

Welcome to the Tropics!

There are hurricanes and it does get hot, but you can't beat the weather - middle of December and you can still go swimming.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 1:39 pm   Permalink

Welcome to the (sorta, kinda) neighborhood!

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 5:20 pm   Permalink

Congrats, Florida ohana are very fortunate to have you. Welcome to Ft.Lauderdale. If you need anything, ask, there is plenty of help here.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 6:52 pm   Permalink

Edited...

She moved in. She had some fun. She moved on.

Last I heard she is in ALabama.

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-02-23 10:27 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-14 7:51 pm   Permalink

Kiliki,
Congratulations! I'm very relieved to see you'll still be carrying on the Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta. I'm here to help if you need someone in Atlanta.
Chacha

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Whollycat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-14 10:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:
The Haole Kats welcome you to our fair state (of mind). Let us know where your new Tiki Digs are located. (you know welcome wagon info)Touch base with us when you get nested !!!!
On 2004-12-13 16:46, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Ok, the company I work for threw me this bone once and I didn't take it. I was just offered the entire Florida region on the 2nd try with an offer I couldn't refuse.

I will be relocating to the Ft. Lauderdale area in mid-January. I am really excited about everything except the weather! I'll be based there and will travel to all of our locations in Florida.

I will still carry on with Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta and will be in attendance on those dates.

I look forward to spending time with all of you in Florida and of course will find residence as close to the Mai Kai as possible. Not to mention this is going to make organizing Hukilau so much easier.

The World of Tiki Kiliki

View Profile of Whollycat Send a personal message to Whollycat  Email Whollycat Goto the website of Whollycat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Whollycat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-14 11:02 pm   Permalink

The Haole Kats welcome you to our fair state (of mind). Let us know where your new Tiki Digs are located. (you know welcome wagon info)Touch base with us when you get nested !!!!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[/quote]

View Profile of Whollycat Send a personal message to Whollycat  Email Whollycat Goto the website of Whollycat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 11:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-14 18:52, Chip and Andy wrote:
And, this is for everyone reading, espcesially you TikiKiliki: We have lived here four years now and only had four hurricanes. Granted all four were in the same year.... And, it is December and I still have orchids blooming! Who else can say that?

I guess we can't, I've never had a Hurricane while living in San Diego. Firestorms yes, Hurricanes no. But we have Orchids, too, and no Gators!

tiki_kiliki, when are you taking over all North American Operations for your company? How about just all West Coast Operations? Maybe all Florida & the Tiki Ti?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 12:47 pm   Permalink

What a lovely turn of fortune!

(That's sort of like some of us getting a job offer in Modesto!

Well, uh...not quite, uh...)

Congratulations, Kiliki! Imagine, being a *regular* at the Mai Kai. I'm sure Florida will be extremely good to you.

You realize, guys, this means Fort Lauderdale now has an even stronger "Anti-Hurricane Tiki Force Field"!

xox tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 1:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Tikivixen and everyone else. I'm too excited to be a regular at the Mai Kai - I've got to be sure to watch my pennies though.

Chip and Andy - we've got to make a regular night there and of course everyone should come along. Hopefully I can have a big pre-party at my place prior to Hukilau next year!

The Hukilau

The Most Authentic Tiki Event in the World and the Official Event Honoring the Mai-Kai est. 1956

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation