FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Insane ebay auction!!
Insane ebay auction!!
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 5:35 pm   Permalink

Check this out...and remember it's a shot glass...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=718616173

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 7:41 pm   Permalink

Yes, but it's a Munktiki shot glass! Made by one of our very own, and #1 to boot.

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 7:45 pm   Permalink

Yeah, just a shot glass...but you gotta admit, it's the best damn looking shot glass around!!

Seriously, Munktiki puts out some of the neatest stuff! I'm glad it brought as much as it did, but I venture to say that future editions (not #1) will bring in a bit less. Not much, but a bit.

...or is that just wishful thinking on my part so I can afford one?

Seller and Buyer should be happy ebayers!
Congrats!

-C.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 10:46 pm   Permalink

Yeah it looks good and it's made by one of our own but...I personally couldn't see spending $61.00 (at last check) for a shot glass even if they were only making one! Wow I guess it just goes to show that some people out there have got some deep pockets or they can't comprehend that a shot glass is only 3" tall.

Also - when is Munktiki coming out with some new mugs for sale? I know they often come out with new editions for sale on ebay but I wish they'd help out those financially challenged individuals that can't get into a bidding war on Ebay for a tiki mug that's going to sell for $50.00+. Don't get me wrong, I love all the mugs I've bought from Munktiki and you can't fault them for making as much money as possible with their ebay mugs. It's obvious they work really hard at what they do and they deserve all the rewards and accolades they get!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihound

Posted: 2002-10-03 5:41 pm   Permalink

I can't wait until Franklin mint comes out with the precious Tiki moment series, limited edition, with certificate of authenticity

View Profile of tikihound Send a personal message to tikihound      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 07:13 am   Permalink

On the subject of Shot glasses, here is one of the Shot glasses we made for Luau 2002...

Here is it's full size counter part...

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki King on 2002-10-04 07:28 ]

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 07:32 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki King on 2002-10-04 09:35 ]

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiManiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 09:00 am   Permalink

Is there any way someone can buy one of those tiki king shot glasses?!?

View Profile of TikiManiac Send a personal message to TikiManiac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 09:39 am   Permalink

They sold out this year, the next batch will be next year. If there are left-overs, I will sell those. You can see all the Tiki King Luau Mugs on my site. Go to lounge, then Luau.
Cheers!
T.K.

tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-08 6:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-10-03 17:41, tikihound wrote:
I can't wait until Franklin mint comes out with the precious Tiki moment series, limited edition, with certificate of authenticity

11 years later...
www.ebay.com/itm/FLORENCIA-Miniature-TIKI-Franklin-Mint-WORLDS-GREATEST-PORCELAIN-HOUSES-/190782431865?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6b84e279

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-09 06:59 am   Permalink

Oh, that is freakin' hilarious!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation