FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Party at Johnnie Velour's -- October 12
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Party at Johnnie Velour's -- October 12
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-03 12:50 am   Permalink

It's time for a party at Johnnie Velour's. Me and my next door neighbors are having our annual End of Summer Party (a bit late). Food, booze, what more do you need? How 'bout a Gilligan's Island theme. I know Maxton did that in Portland so I stole, I mean borrowed, the idea!

You can email me at
johnnievelour@yahoo.com

[ This Message was edited by: johnnievelour on 2002-10-04 21:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: johnnievelour on 2002-10-04 22:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: johnnievelour on 2002-10-28 23:00 ]

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 09:43 am   Permalink

Lord and Lady Velour know how to throw a party. Johnnie is quite the accomplished mixologist, too.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 8:49 pm   Permalink

I was going to make JohnnieVelour's party which is aka: the "Kmon Iwana Leiuu" Party but the timing sucks as it's my annual get together with the old high school bro's and a keg of beer in Big Bear! My weekend will be very un-tiki... but you guys have to go as JohnnieVelour's tiki bar is insane!! I've only seen photos but he's gone over the edge!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-05 12:19 pm   Permalink

Why does all this cool stuff happen when I'm out of town!?!?!? First the Tiki Bash, now Johnnie Velours and Baxdog's. Y'all are against me, I know it! But seriously folks, Mr. Velour's bar is exquisite, and his reputation as a master cocktailer is well deserved. If I weren't up to my opu in vino, I'd be down in Playa delRey tippling with the "in" crowd. Have fun and hoist a few for me!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-06 11:02 am   Permalink

I'm looking forward to this. Johny's bar, cocktails, Centralites, all that is good in life. I heard a rumour that The Jab might be their. Shelley and I can't wait.
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-10-06 12:37 pm   Permalink

I would love to go, but I will be in L.A. the following weekend (the 19th. and 20th.). I usually plan my jaunts well in advance so I can get low fares ($60 RT Oakland to Burbank!) so it's hard to coordinate with all these events and parties lately.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-11 10:57 am   Permalink

For anyone interested, I am almost near the Purple Orchid. Its on the other side of the airport in El Segundo. This is the bar that has wallpapered their bathrooms with the pages of The Book.

Purple Orchid
221 Richmond St.
ElSegundo 90245

The major cross streets are Grand and Main. 1 block west of Grand, make a left on Richmond.

[ This Message was edited by: johnnievelour on 2002-10-11 10:58 ]

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-11 4:48 pm   Permalink

How late will this fete go?

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-11 7:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-10-11 16:48, Cherry Capri wrote:
How late will this fete go?

A 3 hour cruise. So a 3 hour party 6-9. Thats it.

Our partys run late so you have nothing to wory about.

vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-11 8:44 pm   Permalink

Oh, I don't know Johnnie. Cherry is a crazy jet-setting kinda gal who's average bedtime is dawn.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-13 09:05 am   Permalink

Lord and Lady,
You guys really know how the tiki gets down.
Great drinks, even my un-leaded version!
The bar is ultra-cool, I sat from the stairs and could not stop those jealous feelings. The grand stand seating (with full TIKI torch line up) in the back was a great place to talk to the TC crowd.
And let's have a word about that P I N K bathroom, pink has never been so pink, right down to what you can drink. And if the color pink had a smell, just a whiff and you could tell.
Thank you so much for the party!

PS. Robin don't forget the Chinese burro-eatoes
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 12:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks for teh party John, you make a mean Blue Hawaii, and man I am definitley gonna have to rip off your idea for bamboo lamps, damn those things were cool.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BONBONVIC
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 12:36 pm   Permalink

How about some pics?

View Profile of BONBONVIC Send a personal message to BONBONVIC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 6:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks again to Johnny (and Lady) Velour for throwing a fine shindig. We got there a bit late, but there was still drinks a flowing and fine conversation to be had by all. The tiki bar was great and I hope that Johnny posts a how-to on those fine bamboo lights.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-15 02:39 am   Permalink

Thank you, everyone.
I had a great time having you all over at my pad and pouring you drinks. I do wish I could have chatted out with everybody a bit more, but hey, gotta keep the booze flowing for the thirsty masses.

Being behind the bar was great. I usually give the job to Lady Velour, a liquor pouring professional, while I'm on the grill. This time it was all me. I got a kick out of people asking me if I had set up the bar and all the tiki mugs just for the party.

I'll post pics as soon as I get them, I know Lady V was clicking a camera durring the night.

The next morning my head felt like a pineapple with a dog busting out of it.

See you at theBaxdogs!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation