[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Harvey's Lake Tahoe Mug
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Harvey's Lake Tahoe Mug
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-17 3:09 pm   Permalink

I spotted a Harvey's Lake Tahoe mug today, in great condition, marked $14. Is this a good deal?
-FB

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-17 4:12 pm   Permalink

I found one once for $2

then I found 2 for $1.50 each

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-17 4:27 pm   Permalink

Depends on which one. Was it the Black Painted Sneaky Tiki, the Green Glaze Sneaky Tiki or the Short Barrel Mug? As I've said in the past, anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I have the Black Sneaky Tiki on my website for $25, and the Barrel Mug for $12. I'll be posting a Green Glazed Sneaky Tiki this weekend. I'll probably put $25 or $30 on it. I think these are fair retail prices, but probably not for the guy/gal (like me) that wants to find that $2 mug at the thrift store. I think I'm beginning to ramble.....

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-12-17 16:28 ]

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-17 6:13 pm   Permalink

The short barrel mugs seem to be almost as common as Leilanis on eBay, selling for an average of $3-$6.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-12-17 10:12 pm   Permalink

Someone once GAVE me one and $150 just to take the mutha off their hands. I scored. Would you say that also? (ready go.)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-17 11:18 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure which mug this was. I don't think it was the Sneaky Tiki, maybe the barrel mug? This was a short mug (between 4 and 6 inches) but wide, brown in color and embossed with the familiar Harvey's tiki and one or 2 other images, also a big patch inscribed "Harvey's Lake Tahoe". I'm not too familiar with the Harvey's establishment or mugs, I may go back and get it just because It's the first one I've seen locally. There were also some CocoJoes figurines and a palm husk with a carved tiki face. I'm on a very limited budget right now so I just kind of sulked all the way home

P.S.
I think this is it (background):

[ This Message was edited by: FreakBear on 2004-12-17 23:24 ]

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-17 11:26 pm   Permalink

Hey FreakBear,
I passed on one at the thrift today for .99 cents.
You want me to pick it up for ya if they still got it?
Mele Kalikimaka!

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-17 11:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-17 23:26, Tiki Royale wrote:
Hey FreakBear,
I passed on one at the thrift today for .99 cents.
You want me to pick it up for ya if they still got it?
Mele Kalikimaka!

That's very nice of you Royale! I don't know that I'm particularly taken by this particular mug but it certainly caught my eye. Do you know off-hand what Shipping & Handling might be?

Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-18 12:20 am   Permalink

Hey FreakBear,
No worries, 'tis the season. e-mail or PM me and let em know where you are.
I agree, It's not the most striking mug design wise but I have to admit that the good 'ol bucket mug is one of my favorites to drink out of. They fit nicely in the hand, hold a lot of yummy stuff and they're practically indestructable.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-18 12:13 pm   Permalink

The mug in question is the only one I've found recently. It was .99 at Goodwill. It may be common, but I'd never seen it before and was glad to have any sort of drought-breaker.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-18 12:28 pm   Permalink

It looks like she's carrying a frying pan.
Cooking while topless?
I hope she's not frying chicken.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-21 3:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks again Royale! Let me know if there's any mugs I should look out for (in terms of returning the favor). We've got a plentitude of Kahiki 1's and 2's, and I occaisionally find a peanut mug here and there.
-FB

Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-22 12:07 am   Permalink

Aloha FreakBear,
The Harvey's bucket should have gone out in today's mail. I left work early so I didn't see if the mail guys picked up...
Anyway, hope the mug fits in with your collection. Make sure to mix up a nice cold Mai-Tai, I'm sure you'll find that these are great mugs to drink from.
Mele Kalikimaka,

ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 11:18 pm   Permalink

I finally found some of these mugs at an antique store today!(the barrel style Harvey's Tahoe)

I paid $2.00 each & found a nest of four of them pushed to the dark back corner of a very low shelf behind a deep tray three rows deep of Pillsbury doughboy salt & pepper shakers. What made me look behind the salt & pepper shakers was a seemingly out of place buddha statue by the tray. There was also a coconut monkey wearing a straw hat coin bank shoved back there, I left him hidden there in case anyone collects those! You know who you are!

Naturally, the woman wrapping them up said, "I used to have a bunch of these at home, I don't know where they got to...don't clean out the top of the cupboards like I used to..." Ack! Bleh! Why must she taunt me like this?! She also had a huge array of nun figurines on display behind her, so maybe it all was divine tikivention.

[ This Message was edited by: ZebraTiki on 2004-12-30 23:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ZebraTiki on 2004-12-30 23:20 ]

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 11:56 am   Permalink

in our area these are really common. i guess its due to our proximity to lake tahoe. from what i understand they handed these out with just about any drink that you puchased back in the day. i have 4 or 5 and never paid over $1.19 for them. when i go thrifting i usually see one or two without fail.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation