FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events December 31 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
December 31 2004
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 11:40 am   Permalink

You sure do rock, Monkeyman! Thanks so much!!!

I too would find a San Diego trip most entertaining. Besides, I've never been there.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 2:17 pm   Permalink

If the San Diego thing happens I would love to have the TC Ohana over to my home bar. I'll keep watching this thread and see how it developes. Any of the other S.D. tikiphiles wanna get a tour going?

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 3:40 pm   Permalink

... charter the jada... that'd be mighty fine...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 4:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-20 15:40, alohabros wrote:
... charter the jada... that'd be mighty fine...

... fyi
http://www.jadasailing.com...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-20 7:30 pm   Permalink

WooHooo! San Diego is a Tiki-rrific place to spend New Years. I just became a Travel Agent. Let me know if I can help make anyone's New Years Eve Vacation Dreams come True

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 7:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-20 14:17, Matt Reese wrote:
If the San Diego thing happens I would love to have the TC Ohana over to my home bar. I'll keep watching this thread and see how it developes. Any of the other S.D. tikiphiles wanna get a tour going?

I might just be inclined to do that, Matt! I'll keep an eye out as well.

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-21 10:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-20 07:41, Monkeyman wrote:
I emailed the management at the Caliente Tropics this morning and indicated we were interested in a group rate for new years. I told him that the dates would most likely be Friday (12/30) and Saturday (12/31).

May I suggest Saturday (12/31) and Sunday (1/1) nights instead since most folks have Monday the 2nd. off? This makes more sense for us who will be traveling from afar becuase flying on the Friday before New Years weekend will be expensive. I would rather fly down on Saturday.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 10:37 am   Permalink

Last year we did New Year's Eve & New Year's Day -- that way, you aren't faced with the race against the 11 a.m. checkout on very little sleep & a possible hangover. Also, for those superstitious types, the first day of the year was spent relaxing among friends in a tiki landscape, not a bad way to set the tone for the year.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 10:42 am   Permalink

I will inquire about availability for both scenarios. Is January 2nd a definite day off for everyone? Is that one of those holidays that migrates to the next closest work day?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DrMiguelito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-21 11:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

Are you gonna have that elevator done in time? Otherwise we'll need some strong backs to carry me up and down the hill.

I don't know what my plans are yet for New Year's--I may be up in L.A. with my family. But if not, I'm game for a TC gathering, either here or at the Tropics. I'll keep you all posted on my plans.

View Profile of DrMiguelito Send a personal message to DrMiguelito  Email DrMiguelito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 11:32 am   Permalink

I don't think I'll have the boat ride in by then. I'm sure we can get the help we need to get you up and down the stairs.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 12:45 pm   Permalink

In answer to Monkeyman's question, I at least have always had that day off (except when I was waitressing, ack). I think most people do...

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 1:47 pm   Permalink

Update:

***Humphreys Half Moon Inn will NOT honor any group rates that weekend because it is deemed a busy holiday weekend.

She will draw up a contract to guarantee a specific number of rooms but the rate is $144 (My first quote was $169) per night. We could always elect to stay someplace else if cost is a burden. The suite scenario could also be fun (per Jabs recommendation) but would anyone actually sleep if 8 people were in the same room? Not sure.

They apparently frown severly on room parties unless all the attendees are hotel guests ?

*** Bali Hai- The Bali Hai DOES offer a New Years Eve celebration downstairs in the South Pacific Room. The banquet room is set up for the OLD School polynesian review and dinner (Yes !!) The details for this year have not been published yet but the estimated cost for dinner and show and New Years festivities is about $90 per person

*** Mr. Tiki- I am still awaiting a reply from Mr. Tiki in hopes that we could have some fun and merriment on Sunday night (01/01/06).

*** I was hoping that a water taxi or boat charter would take ALL of us across the bay from the Bali Hai dock to downtown San Diego where we could trudge over to Mr. Tiki.

Home Bar tours could always take place during the day time. I know that we have Tiki Boom Boom, Ona Tiki and Moki, Matt Reese in decent proximity to Shelter Island.

The Monkeyman South Pacific Room is also available for a tour but I am 30 miles North of Shelter Islan (maybe too far away).

I will keep you all posted.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2005-10-21 14:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: monkeyman 2005-10-21 15:10 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 2:15 pm   Permalink

Hey guys,
I'm going to check on room rates at the Orbit Inn at Palm Springs as well. Normally that place is fairly expensive, but my parents are really good friends with the owners, and I might be able to work something out, depending on their availability. They now have an overflow hotel as well, so maybe they can hook us up at one place or another.

No promises on this yet, and I'm not trying to derail any San Diego plans either, but if I can actually get anything worked out for the Orbit Inn, that would be THE place to stay! I'll get the ball rolling on this today or tomorrow, and keep everyone posted.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-21 2:16 pm   Permalink

For something a bit cheaper then Humphrey's but with a Polynesian atmosphere, there's the Best Western Island Palms that is a short distance from Humphrey's (walkable). The cheapest rooms are $107 on the BW web site.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=05326

Humphrey's is much better because they still have tikis and tiki torches, the pool area and inner gardens are gorgeous, and the rooms are quite nice, but the Island Palms could be an alternative hotel like the Bahia Cabana is to the Bahia Mar at Hukilau.

That's great about the Bali Hai room availability. Thanks for doing the work Monkeyman.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation