FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events December 31 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
December 31 2004
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-21 2:30 pm   Permalink

I've always wanted to stay at the the Orbit Inn. That would be fabulous if we all stayed there! Or San Diego.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 3:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-21 13:47, Monkeyman wrote:
Update:

***Humphreys Half Moon Inn will NOT honor any group rates that weekend because it is deemed a busy holiday weekend.

She will draw up a contract to guarantee a specific number of rooms but the rate is $144 (My first quote was $169) per night. We could always elect to stay someplace else if cost is a burden. The suite scenario could also be fun (per Jabs recommendation) but would anyone actually sleep if 8 people were in the same room? Not sure.

They apparently frown severly on room parties unless all the attendees are hotel guests...

... or try the shelter pointe resort, due west of humphrey's & bali hai... large private beach & fire pits - tolerate parties - sleep on the beach... some tcer might be a kona kai member - members get discounted individual and group rates...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 3:45 pm   Permalink

Great ideas eveyone!

Definitely count us in if this happens anywhere in San Diego! I'd be happy to help out anyway needed in SD.

Palm Springs might be a bit more difficult for us to make. Can't commit to that at this point.

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DrMiguelito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-21 4:21 pm   Permalink

$144 is actually a really good rate for Humphrey's. I think rooms there are usually $200 and up.

In San Diego there is also the Hanalei (Mission Valley) and the Catamaran Resort (Pacific Beach). Neither is anywhere close to Shelter Island, but both have the appropriate tiki/island feel. (The Hanalei in particular--even though it's lost quite a bit of its tiki in recent years, it's still a must-see. It's also centrally located and would be a good jumping-off point for any home bar touring, trips downtown, etc.)

Just throwing a little more long pig into the stew pot ...

View Profile of DrMiguelito Send a personal message to DrMiguelito  Email DrMiguelito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-21 4:24 pm   Permalink

If we do San Diego instead of The Caliente, I think it would be best to stay within walking distance of the Bali Hai.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 4:26 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

... or try the shelter pointe resort, due west of humphrey's & bali hai... large private beach & fire pits - tolerate parties - sleep on the beach... some tcer might be a kona kai member - members get discounted individual and group rates...
[/quote]

Great idea but keep in mind this will be January. Cool at night and not super warm during the day.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-10-21 4:41 pm   Permalink

I'm with smiley, driving back and forth from the Hanalei to Bali Hai on New Years is not a good plan, as much as I like the Hanalei. We could always go to the Islands Room at the Hanalei for Sunday brunch.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 5:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-21 16:26, Monkeyman wrote:

[/quote]

Great idea but keep in mind this will be January. Cool at night and not super warm during the day.
[/quote]

... last year, kona kai members (shelter pointe resort) had room rates of $119/night during dec/jan... might even be lower if booked in blocks...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-10-21 5:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-21 16:41, thejab wrote:
We could always go to the Islands Room at the Hanalei for Sunday brunch.

I called The Hanalei [(619) 297-1101] and they will be open for Sunday Champagne Brunch that day. Normal price is $24.95 but they weren't sure yet if they are going to have a higher holiday rate.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 6:42 pm   Permalink

Sounds like San Diego is becoming the focus at this point. If the S.D. TCers would like to join forces for a Sat. lunch event I would be willing to host it at my place. Just pm me and we can start devising a plan. This,of course, is only if the thing happens in S.D. I'm kinda hoping it does.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 7:26 pm   Permalink

This sounds like the perfect way to start the new year off right! My presence maybe required.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 7:36 pm   Permalink

One way or another, perhaps it's time to kick this off in a new thread? The subject title on this one is no longer a good description of the goings on...

Thanks so much to Monkeyman and everyone else who's put some time into figuring this out!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 11:55 pm   Permalink

Awe Hell!
Is there a Sandiagan Tiki File that will let us crash/fall down on their lawn with a tent? (If it comes down to this).
I still have not been to Mr. Tiki's.
We have still not heard from the "Tiki Gods of Caliente"

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 08:38 am   Permalink

I've got the room for several tents in my yard. Hell, I've got the tents too. Just let me know.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 09:02 am   Permalink

Mr. Tiki has responded and explained that they too offer festivities on New Years Eve (personally I think the Bali Hai might be better). There is a set menu and a champagne toast at midnight.

Althought they may not be able to accomodate us all at one table, he told me that we can arrange tables to our liking.

I think a home bar tour would be in order on Sunday if folks are interested.

I have at least 4 homes we could visit and possibly another....

Humu. Im all for moving this portion of the thread into a NEW thread.

Thanks

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation