Joined: Oct 01, 2003
From: Baltimore, Maryland, PNG
|Posted: 2005-03-08 1:42 pm  Permalink|
LAMPREY AU SANG
Garlic & Bouquet Garni
1. Bleed Lamprey and keep blood aside to flavour sauce.
2. Scald fish and remove skin
3. Line a buttered pan with the vegetables, garlic and bouquet garni.
4. Add lamprey and enough red wine to cover fish, boil for 12 minutes.
5. Cook slices of leek with bacon in a buttered pan.
6. Drain lamprey and add to pan alternating with the leek.
7. Make a roux and moisten it with lamprey juices, pour back over fish.
8. Simmer gently until fish is cooked
9. Arrange fish and vegetables on a dish.
10. Add the reserved blood to the sauce and pour over dish
11. Serve with fried bread