FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mike's Pics from the Bash 2002
Mike's Pics from the Bash 2002
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-03 2:58 pm   Permalink

Aloohhhha!

Finally got the pics that I took up on the web site. I'll be adding captions and stuff later. I think I'm still on cloud nine after meeting all the great TCers and doing all the fun things we did!!

Be sure to take a look at the last pic- it's some guy in an orange jacket (Sven) with a goofy look on his face -not to mention the look on King's face as they plummet down Splash Mountain!! Sven and King, I love you guys!!

Thanks to everyone for making this a weekend that I'll never forget!!

http://www.tikiroom.net/tikibash2002/tikibash.html

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-03 3:32 pm   Permalink

Mike,
Awsome, simply awsome!!!!!!!
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2002-10-03 4:02 pm   Permalink

Ah Yes,

Sven, gracious as always, shows the Centralites how to make the authentic Tiki-Face.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-03 9:03 pm   Permalink

Very cool!

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 07:54 am   Permalink

I felt like a test pilot during a G-force experiment. Jet laaaaaag-
By the way, the black thing in front of me is Tina hiding under her sweater. We the three Chinese monkeys: Can't hear/can't talk/can't see.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rock-A-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-10-04 09:13 am   Permalink

Where is that restaurant you are at and what is the name of it? It looks really cool.

View Profile of Rock-A-Tiki Send a personal message to Rock-A-Tiki  Email Rock-A-Tiki Goto the website of Rock-A-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 09:37 am   Permalink

I didn't want to get my hair wet so I tied the sweater on and was wearing it Mother Theresa-style. Oh, if you could have seen MY face underneath that thing...

For the record, the look on King's face is intentional. As we began to take the plunge, he yelled, "Smile!" because he knew a photo was about to be taken (as a Disneyland cast member, it is his day job to entertain/torment the crowd that is waiting to get on that very ride). I was going, "Huh?", then "AAGGHHH!"

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2002-10-04 19:32 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 09:45 am   Permalink

Friday night Mike, the wife and I went to the Islands Room at the Hana Lei Hotel for dinner. Then to the Bali Hai for cocktails. They are very cool.
"Sam Choy's Bali Hai"
2230 Shelter Island Drive San Diego, California 92106
619-222 - 1181

"Island Room"
Cool Tiki place.
Drink in the restaurant, not the bar. look around the pool. very close to the Bali Hai
Red Lion Hanalei Hotel
2270 Hotel Circle North San Diego, California 92108

Al

[ This Message was edited by: Alnshely on 2002-10-04 09:48 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 3:05 pm   Permalink

Wow, the walls in that place are spectacular! I wonder if i could use bamboo blinds on my walls and get a similar effect. I was at ikea and they are now selling bamboo wall dividers that are really nice...similar to what i see in the picture, maybe i could take them apart. OR is that a wallpaper that u can buy that looks like rattan? I really like the bar also..thanks for sharing the photos. Also, the guy in the orange shirt..not Sven..looks a lot like the actor James Spader altho i know it isn't. I just love James Spader. I love that orange shirt.

Louise

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-04 7:12 pm   Permalink

Great pics, Mike!

That picture of Sven, Ku Ku, and Mother Teresa is classic!

Too bad I didn't get to meet you at The Bash (or did I???).

Next time.

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation