Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki inspired Predicta TV
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki inspired Predicta TV
Mr.Predicta

Posted: 2004-12-23 12:18 am   Permalink

Ok... I think I have this figured out.Please check out a few Pictures of the Tiki Predicta Tv we designed for a good friend of ours .The cabinet features ingraved polynesian markings, Tiki figurines ,a back lit corona sunset with painted beach scene back drop and a custom bamboo grill.This was a special order which we liked so much we have done additional Tv's with this design theme.Its been a great hit at the few shows we participate. hope you enjoy it also.
Mike L Scott

[ This Message was edited by: Mr.Predicta on 2004-12-23 01:01 ]

View Profile of Mr.Predicta Send a personal message to Mr.Predicta  Email Mr.Predicta Goto the website of Mr.Predicta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2004-12-23 12:21 am   Permalink

Pretty cool! I recently found out that a cousin of mine restores Predictas as a hobby... I'm going to send him a link to this, he will appreciate it!

mig

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr.Predicta

Posted: 2004-12-23 12:40 am   Permalink

I had a few Original Predictas built by Philco.
Owning an original that did not run was what led me to believe that an up dated version of the Predicta in color and cable ready had to have a market.
This Month we are in the December issue of playboy magazine in the "whats hot for the holidays" section.I knew we were going to be listed in this Issue but had no Idea they would give us a full page.
Its very cool when a company as large as that comes to you and offers to post your product for free!!!
I have been very interested in the Mid century Modern furnature and the Tiki Culture for decades and am very happy to have contributed to it in some small way.
Mike L Scott

Predicta TV. Anything else is just a black box.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr.Predicta on 2004-12-23 01:04 ]

View Profile of Mr.Predicta Send a personal message to Mr.Predicta  Email Mr.Predicta Goto the website of Mr.Predicta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 05:54 am   Permalink

Mr Predicta, Big Welcome to TC Land. I feel Privileged to have you on our boards. You Obviously are a Talent Laden person and your work speaks for itself. The Tiki Predicta is just plain Fabulous and is one to be proud of.
we would Love to see some step by step photos of the creating of the Tiki Predicta if you have the time and energy.
HappyHappyHappy

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-12-23 06:04 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 08:08 am   Permalink

To second Benzart, welcome to Tiki Central! You guys rule. Anyone considering Predicta adoption absolutely should call you first (these guys are obsessed on a level only matched by certain TC wood carvers). I wept openly when I first saw the Tikified Predicta a coupla' years ago in your emails...it is having the same effect on me now.
SANTA?!? Ya' out there boy?
Maybe one day. See you around the tiki bar.

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 08:09 am   Permalink

Oh, and you've gotta' explain to all here about the frontispiece!!! No way you can really "get it" from the photo.

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 08:16 am   Permalink

To second Benzart, welcome to Tiki Central! You guys rule. Anyone considering Predicta adoption absolutely should call you first (these guys are obsessed on a level only matched by certain TC wood carvers). I wept openly when I first saw the Tikified Predicta a coupla' years ago in your emails...it is having the same effect on me now.
SANTA?!? Ya' out there boy?
Maybe one day. See you around the tiki bar.

Mr.Predicta

Posted: 2004-12-23 09:05 am   Permalink

Thanks I appreciate the sentiments.It gets lonely here in the Basement building this stuff and since we do not now attend any shows I get very little in the way of customer feedback.
I am not sure when we have a Tiki Predicta scheduled next year{we are consistantly back logged for 6 months}but I will keep it in mind to take a few construction shots and post them here.
The front of the Tv what we call the breast plate or shadow box in the way of the Corona models which the Tiki is a modification of,its back lit with hidden lights behind the disk.This is llluminated at all times when the set is pluged in it also helps illuminate the channel knob.I think its illustrated better on our website.www.predicta.com
The Tiki is not shown because its a special build, we have too many options as it is.Thats my opinion,but I do like custom jobs it gives me incentive to get up in the morning. Mike L Scott

[ This Message was edited by: Mr.Predicta on 2004-12-23 09:08 ]

Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 10:10 am   Permalink

Would love to see some pictures of your workshop. How long does it take you to make one of these beauties?

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 11:39 am   Permalink

Hey Mr.Predicta,

Are you the Mr.Predicta who lives next door to me and gave me that cool Suffering Bastard mug for Cristmas? It's so good to see another friendly face here, WELCOME!!!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Monitors
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-23 12:12 pm   Permalink

MAEVA, or Welcome as the Tahitians would say, to Tiki Central Mr. Predicta. I emailed your people yesterday about pricing for the Debutant and the Meteor, but since you're here maybe you can help me instead. I bet hundreds of other TC members are wondering the same thing I am.

Thank you and Welcome again,

View Profile of The Monitors Send a personal message to The Monitors  Email The Monitors     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr.Predicta

Posted: 2004-12-23 5:22 pm   Permalink

Yes fink daddy its me.See what you started?
You evil neighbor you!
the price on the models starts around 1,200 and go up from there ,depending on the options you want.The base model Meteor,thats the tv shown in my signature is 3,500 and you can have any color you want as long as its black.
I think we sell the Tiki's for around 3 grand.they are all modern 2004-5 chassis, on screen programing,135 channel cap. remote...everything you would expect in a modern Tv.and something you dont need to hide in your cool pad.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-23 8:08 pm   Permalink

Was searching for something like this earlier, but just now found this. What beautiful products. With the advent of possibly replacing a couple of TVs in the future....I would love to go this way. I did email the company for a brochure, so hopefully we can get Mr Predicta back here to give us some updates. I love the looks of these TVs.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 6:13 pm   Permalink

I have TWO original Predicta TVs, The original pedistal model and the steel box table top model. The table top is almost restored, but the other needs some help. Just another 1 of 18000 projects to finish.

View Profile of Tiki Bill Send a personal message to Tiki Bill  Email Tiki Bill Goto the website of Tiki Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 12:39 pm   Permalink

Very Cool- I wonder if they can do a 60" model to replace my big screen?

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation