FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food in search of trader vics rum??
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
in search of trader vics rum??
iloveshaveice

Posted: 2004-12-26 8:18 pm   Permalink

Hi. Does anyone know where to find trader vics rum? I think they use to carry it at Trader Joes. But, not anymore. I hate that trader joes does this. I always get hooked on something and they get rid of it. Grrrrrr.thanks, Jaime

View Profile of iloveshaveice Send a personal message to iloveshaveice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-12-26 8:43 pm   Permalink

I know what you're saying Trader J's had some fantastic Pyrat sipping rum in a hand-blown onion bottle for $19, when it was $39 anywhere else. Then they stopped...

P.S. I loved shaved >>> also.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moxie

Posted: 2004-12-27 10:11 am   Permalink

I experienced the same problem at Trader Joe's. When I asked someone there about it, they explained that their stock is always changing..blahblah. He also said that I could order it directly from them if I wanted, though I have not yet tried.

View Profile of Moxie Send a personal message to Moxie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-27 10:44 am   Permalink

Don't know where you are, but there's a few places in Chicago that carry it for under $10 per bottle.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-27 10:49 am   Permalink

i totally feel for you! i got hooked on that vics rum as well. you can special order it at bev mo for $14.99. it usually only takes a day for them to get special orders in. it is also available online thru hightimes and spirits.com.

just as a side note if you like the cruzan rums that are available at tj's they are also a temporary item. stock up cause in my area tj's is almost out of stock! at $7.99 a bottle it is possibly the best rum deal ever!

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sinner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-27 11:28 am   Permalink

Hmmmmm, I've been looking for some of this stuff for awhile. I may have to go the ordering from Tj's or bevmo route.

View Profile of sinner Send a personal message to sinner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-27 11:44 am   Permalink

Hi-Time in Costa Mesa has the Trader Vics Dark Rum - $13.

Hi-Time Wine Cellars
Address: 250 Ogle St,
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Phone: (949) 650-8463

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sinner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-27 1:44 pm   Permalink

Not TV rum exactly, but still TV stuff related.
While at lunch today, I spotted a liquor store that was going out of business and having a sale, so I walked on over. I bought their last 2 bottles of TV mai tai mix for $2.50 each, and a bottle of TV grenadine for $3.00. They still have a bunch of the grenadine for that price. All their booze is %30 off, they had a bottle of 'Wray and Nephew Overproof', and several bottles of Angostura if anyone is looking for those.
Also, right next door in front of the old Cal Oaks pharmacy, there was a bar that looked to be (to my untrained eye) from the early sixties, and it looks as if it was being given away. The bar was about 4 ft. wide, and while not perfect, was in pretty good shape.
This is in Pasadena CA, at the corner of Fair Oaks and California if anyone is interested.

View Profile of sinner Send a personal message to sinner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
iloveshaveice

Posted: 2004-12-27 5:39 pm   Permalink

Hmmm... are you trying to hint for someone to open a tiki bar????? Sounds like a good idea to me(for someone else to open one).

Has anyone tried the Whalers dark rum from Trader Joes? I just bought it today but have'nt tasted it yet. Ugghh, that trader vics rum was sooooooo goooood. I just emailed someone at TV's to see if they sell it. I did'nt see it on their website.

View Profile of iloveshaveice Send a personal message to iloveshaveice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-27 6:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Shaved,
last I checked the Trader Joes in burbank still carries Trader Vics rum, and Vendome always has it in stock. Hope this helps. If you are not familiar with Vendome, it is on the corner of Riverside and Cahuenga in the Toluca Lake area. Go for a visit, but dont blame me if you can't leave without picking up more than you went for.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonnikan Jinn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 1:22 pm   Permalink

I too have been saddened by the diasppearance of TV's rum from TJ's. I talked to the stores, they don't have it in their ordering books anymore. Then I talked to corporate TJ's and they were also unable to help. After that I talked to corporate TV's to find out who in the Santa Barbara / Ventura Ca area had it.... still no luck.

So... in desparation I bought a bottle of the Whalers Rum at TJ's as a substitute (because I was detoxing at this point) and it was really damn good. I always thought that the bottle was that nearly black color... it's the rum!!! The glass is clear. Anywho, good stuff, and at that price it is certainly a good buy. Now I had just better stock up on it before they no longer carry it either.

-T.J.

View Profile of Tonnikan Jinn Send a personal message to Tonnikan Jinn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-12-28 3:55 pm   Permalink

For some reason (possibly an earlier post) I am under the impression that the Whalers Rum at TJ's and the TV dark rum come from the same place. Additionally they may be the same rum, just in different bottles.

Can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sinner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 4:28 pm   Permalink

I've had both the Whaler's and the TV rum, and they taste different to me.

iloveshaveice

Posted: 2004-12-28 7:07 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! That is some really dark rum. I just looked at my bottle and tipped it and the bottle is clear. So what is the difference between dark and light and clear rum? I just cant get my mind of that TV rum.
I have been emailing TV's , but no response yet on where to find it or if they sell it. I am close to burbank though, so I guess I could drive out there. I was just hopeing to have it for new years. Can anyone suggest a good light rum? thanks, Jaime

net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 8:37 pm   Permalink

vendomes on chauenga (sp?) and riverside they have all kinds of TV stuff, including the gernadine, yummmm. I bought the dark and the mai tai special rum, they are both very good and priced fair.

[ This Message was edited by: net-tiki on 2004-12-28 20:42 ]

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation