FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Happy Birthday, Wersmo Derinc!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Happy Birthday, Wersmo Derinc!!
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 08:42 am   Permalink

Best birthday wishes to Dave of the Purple Orchid (December 31st), who also happens to be my birthday buddy!

The whole world celebrates our birthday!! Woo hoo!!!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-12-30 08:53 am   Permalink

Have a Purple birthday!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 09:07 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday to Dave of the Orchid
Your party will likely be sordid
But a barrel of fun
And two barrels of RUM
Look back, not ahead, Gee thats morbid!

I guess what I mean to say is that if anyone tells you that your another year older and closer to "you know", and the Grim "you-know-who" is knocking on your "you-know-what" DON'T
LISTEN!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 09:17 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Dave!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 09:48 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Dave!!! & Happy New Year too
I sent you a P.M. a few days ago....

8FT

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 11:57 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Dave.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 12:37 pm   Permalink

Dave, i know you'll have a great birthday on New Years Eve. See ya at the Orchid!

Tbird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 1:01 pm   Permalink

Dave! You are always so generous and cheerful. You give of resources and experience to make get-togethers special. I believe I can speak for others about your ability to make others feel welcome and a part of the party. You have provided a wonderful clubhouse where TCers are treated like they are on a special list. Happy New Year and Birthday to the King of the Purple Orchid.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 5:11 pm   Permalink

The Purple Orchid may not have the history, the size, or the sheer density of Polynesian artifacts that the Mai Kai has, but it holds its own when toe-to-toe with the Mai Kai in one very important department: hospitality and aloha. Dave & Rebecca go out of their way to make all TCers feel like family when they're at the Purple Orchid, and Dave & Rebecca have been staunch supporters of tiki--you'll see them out at many events (including supporting others' tiki bars in the LA area!), and have helped big events like Tiki Oasis and Mondo Lounge by taking their bar show on the road.

Happy birthday, darling Dave! And much love to Rebecca, too.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-30 5:19 pm   Permalink

I second Humuhumu's toast. Dave and Rebecca are great supporters of Tiki and it is so great to have a great tiki bar like the Purple Orchid right here in our own backyard. It is a friendly, relaxed place to escape the city into Polynesian Paradise.

Happy Birthday, Dave, and thanks for all you have done. I'll be in Palm Springs on New Years Eve and so I won't be at the party at the Purple Orchid, but we will raise a toast to you and everyone celebrating there with you.

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 6:09 pm   Permalink

DAVE- HAPPY BIRTHDAY-

Like all of the others said you have been nothing but a very friendly and hospitable guy. And we love the Purple Orchid!!! I hope you have a wonderful B-Day!! Today is Mrs. Spermy's birthday as well.
Have a Happy New Year!!!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-30 8:09 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday Dave!
Our only regret about going to Palm Springs for New Year's Eve was missing the party at the Purple Orchid. I'm sure the P.O. will be fabulous, especially since it is also your birthday party!

You and Rebecca are great people, and we definitely plan to visit the Purple Orchid soon in 2005!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 12:28 am   Permalink

To Dave and Traderpup, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! But can I get a Happy Birthday over here too? It's my 31st on the 31st!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 11:30 am   Permalink

Thank you, Trader Pup, for starting this post and all of you who have embraced me and Rebecca in our efforts to create a little corner of Tikiland. Tiki Centralites have always offered kind words and shared ideas and inspiration. I really am having the most fun of my entire life right now and I am grateful to all of you.

Great things are coming in 2005!

Thanks for the song, King Kukulele, I could hear you sing it as I read the words.

Happy birthday Atomicchick!

Dave

[ This Message was edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2004-12-31 11:34 ]

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 12:48 pm   Permalink

Dave and the wife RULE!!!!!, such kind folks are mighty hard to find. Much love. TWT

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation