FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Why fo is that?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Why fo is that?
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-12-30 10:19 pm   Permalink

After a holiday get-together with a few of the Tiki (not TC's) high nobles, we discussed why TC has become the quality of a 'reality' show as it relates to tiki and things that matter.

For the most part, it's band-wagon jumpers that haven't the faintest clue, except for that it seems to be "WHAT'S HAPPENING"!!!

Why fo is that?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 12:25 am   Permalink

I blame Shag. Tiki central started as a ha;f tiki appreciation and half Shag appreciation club back in the olden times but man, Shag seems to have put tiki out there to every Tom Dick and Harry who is not truly a Tiki fanatic. Don't get me wrong I am not a tiki snob. I was on two with a band last August and met a couple in Chicago and a girl in Detroit who wer true Tiki fanatics and I made sure to tell them about Tiki central so taht they may join our ranks. BUt this whole thing wher "Art Afficcianadoes" cosnider tehmselves amonst the ranks fo teh devoted yet they don't know who Leroy Schmaltz is or Wayne Coontz, and they don't knwo Xrazy Al or Tioki Diablo, All they know is Shag.

Anyways, I'm dreunk and rambling so don't pay to much mind to anything I just said.

P.S. When in doubt ask yourself, "What would Tiki Bong do?"

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-12-31 10:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-31 00:25, suicide_sam wrote:

P.S. When in doubt ask yourself, "What would Tiki Bong do?"

15 to 20.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 3:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-30 22:19, Tiki_Bong wrote:
After a holiday get-together with a few of the Tiki (not TC's) high nobles, we discussed why TC has become the quality of a 'reality' show as it relates to tiki and things that matter.

For the most part, it's band-wagon jumpers that haven't the faintest clue, except for that it seems to be "WHAT'S HAPPENING"!!!

Why fo is that?

You mean quality posts like the following have raised the level of TC to higher ground?

Posted: 2004-12-30 21:32

I waNT FO to see yo tit's

--------------------------------------------

I remember back in the San Diego Mod scene when I pointed out that if the people in the scene made fun of every kid who didn't have the exact mod uniform, but who were trying, that the scene would die.

And sure enough it died. Why would some kid who was trying want to join people who making fun of or insulting him because they didn't have pants that were pegged?

So if Tiki Central is so bad, why not try to make it better? You are an "Honorable" Tiki Contributor.

I know words have lost a good deal of their power these days. But I live with the root word of Honorable as a last name. Time and my actions and misactions have taught me to try and live up to that word.

Give it a try.

Tiki Gardener

[ This Message was edited by: tikigardener on 2004-12-31 15:34 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 4:22 pm   Permalink

I blame Basement Kahuna. For not carving a new 6ft'er daily and then posting the pics.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 4:27 pm   Permalink

I stand corrected!
lol

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 5:08 pm   Permalink

Ok, let me get this straight, exactly who is Leroy Scmaltz and oh yeah Crazy Al??? Tiki Diablo??? I just dont know..

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 6:14 pm   Permalink

Tiki is only for the cool kids? Say it ain't so Bong!

Nerdy and proud Tikifish

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 7:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-31 18:14, tikifish wrote:
Tiki is only for the cool kids? Say it ain't so Bong!

Nerdy and proud Tikifish

I think thats the problem, it was for the uncool kids, then somehow got cool. Now the cool kids have tried to claim it as theirs. While us uncool kids see it going to those darned cool kids.

I remember an old interview with Kurt Cobain where he said that he had really started to hate the music industry because when Nirvana got so popular they got all these new fans. The problem was that all the new fans were only into Nirvana because they were popular and not because they actually cared about teh music. In this interview Kurt said that it really pissed him off to look out into the crowd and see he was surrounded by the same people that hated him in high school.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 7:36 pm   Permalink

oh and on second thought, I guess I am a Tiki snob. I know Al and Shelley, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Bong, Poly Pop, Johnny Velour, Floratina, etc, etc, etc... So I got quite allot to be snobbish about.

tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 8:48 pm   Permalink

Around here, nobody cares one toot about tiki, so I guess I don't see a problem. I still sail alone in a sea of Timbits. I fly my tiki freak flag high, but no one knows what the hell it is. Such is life in the great white north.

Who cares if tiki is cool or uncool with the masses? Remember, back in the day, it was Artie Accountant and Heddie Hairdresser going to the Mai Kai. It wasn't 'cool' and 'in the know' people.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-31 9:47 pm   Permalink

[quote]
[i]On 2004-12-31 00:25, suicide_sam wrote BUt this whole thing wher "Art Afficcianadoes" cosnider tehmselves amonst the ranks fo teh devoted yet they don't know who Leroy Schmaltz

I think his name is RELOY!!! DUH!!!!

Spermy

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-12-31 21:48 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-01 01:38 am   Permalink

Ok, I still dont know who Reloy Schmultz is, can someone help?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-01 11:18 am   Permalink

I blame Jungle Trader!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-01 1:00 pm   Permalink

hiltiki, try this link.
http://www.cosmicassociates.com/oceanicarts_bios_n_history.htm

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation