FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Why fo is that?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Why fo is that?
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 10:02 pm   Permalink

Yes, I agree, this forum is for drunks, as I am now drunk. I f i feel like talking drunk shit I more than likely will. For all those demanding people get their own forum, bilge is teh fdrunk forum. A bunch of drunks talking shoiit. If you don't like the drunken shit being talked here go back to the Tiki Marketplace and find out what someone just put on ebay.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 10:08 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna engage in my fave sport of drunkenly tipping over drunks.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-02 10:40 pm   Permalink

I blame myself.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 4:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-02 14:23, Geeky Tiki wrote:

If having more people liking Tiki ruins your buzz, then perhaps your delicate little sensibilities are too tightly wound for Tiki.

Go try Urban Cowboy or Goth or something. The "I'm more Tiki" stuff is too high school.

Nailed it. Right on the money GT.

Why would anyone claim to be more tiki than all of the "band-wagon jumpers that haven't the faintest clue"?

Since when are there "Tiki high nobles"?

Give us all a break Bong.

Tiki is about escapism and having a good time. It's never been a private clique for a small group of self-conscious snobs to wear as a personal cloak of coolness. That is antithetic to the whole idea.

All are welcome.

Yeah, it might drive up the price of mugs. Yeah it might mean we have to field a bunch of questions that have been asked twenty thousand times already. So what?

The more popular it is the less likely that places like the Mai Kai will ever go under.

The less "dedicated" as you percieve them to be never hang on to any "trend" for very long anyway. So big f*cking deal.

The perception that this "tiki thing" is growing too popular is a misguided notion at best. I would argue that there is still only a very small group of people that are into this culture when you look at the masses. You just see it as huge because you hang around a website devoted to it.

Most people are not, and never will be interested in tiki. In five years it will be completely under ground again anyway.

Frankly though, your beef is not with all of the "newbies". It should be with all of those "tiki nobles" who chose to do things that raised the public's awareness.

So go bitch to them next time they invite you and the rest of the nobility over for a pow-wow.

Ahu

[ This Message was edited by: Ku Ku Ahu on 2005-01-13 11:29 ]

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 4:04 pm   Permalink

In short, if you don't want your band to become famous, then stay in the damned basement.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 4:50 pm   Permalink

Na na na na na na na noooooooooo... bodies fault.
Zepplin

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 6:16 pm   Permalink

No,I will take the blame, I am a new want to be tiki loving person, and I still like Bong......Is that wrong??

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 7:12 pm   Permalink

First off, blame me.

Second off, Bong, can you define more accurately, "the quality of a 'reality' show" and the " for the most part, band-wagon jumpers"? Then maybe I could give a more informed opinion 'why fo is that'.

Third off, I'm certainly not more tiki than anyone here, but I did go back through and read all the posts before I joined, to try to eliminate the scornful, "We already talked about that, DUH!" effect, and not aggravate anyone's sensibilities.

p.s. This post fueled only by fresh and Rose's flavored lime juice mixed together, maybe that's 'what's happening.'

"You're ruining all our lives and eating all our steak!" (Napoleon Dynamite)

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 7:18 pm   Permalink

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriors/Evil%20Clown.011.php

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 8:17 pm   Permalink

I think fo that a newbie will figure it all out on their own, in a newbie own good time, much like newbies of days done past have done.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 10:48 pm   Permalink

I think you oldtimers should take care of us newbies.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Dude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 10:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-03 22:48, hiltiki wrote:
I think you oldtimers should take care of us newbies.

And buy us drinks and more drinks....

View Profile of Bamboo Dude Send a personal message to Bamboo Dude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-04 12:02 am   Permalink

"The Bartender must be destroyed."
~Rimbaud

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaiTaiMafia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-04 04:17 am   Permalink

I made the mistake of reading this thread sober and reading it gave me a hangover...

View Profile of MaiTaiMafia Send a personal message to MaiTaiMafia  Email MaiTaiMafia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-04 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-03 19:18, Geeky Tiki wrote:
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriors/Evil%20Clown.011.php

GT - those Flame Warriors are hilarious! I'm trying to decide which of the worst offenders I am.... Funny funny.

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation