FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki weekend in Palm Springs (June 21-23)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki weekend in Palm Springs (June 21-23)
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-24 8:41 pm   Permalink

I forwarded them your request, they are still working on the final invite card text, but they should get their website up to speed.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-25 09:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-04-24 10:56, tikimug wrote:

Can anyone help a bro out? Thanks.

Thanks Bro!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-26 11:51 am   Permalink

...also, as long as the TIKI OASIS 2002 art and info is not up on the Caliente Tropics site, you can click on "Packages" or "Online Availability" to find out their deals.

Don't get turned off by their "Package" lingo, they're in the travel biz, and that's what they do. Just ask them you want a room at an event discount.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2002-04-29 2:09 pm   Permalink

It's official! I'm going there. With the significant otter. Who posts under a different name here to disguise the fact that she's my otter. Anyway-- question: any other cute googie motels that we could stay at down there too? We have a room booked at the Caliente Tropics, but it might be fun to do a night elsewhere before or after. Anybody know of other cute places down there?

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-04-29 2:26 pm   Permalink

Check out the Orbit In:
http://www.orbitin.com/
It's expensive but looks great.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-30 10:03 am   Permalink

I am glad that I will finally be able to meet Mig. There is an interesting mid-century hotel there, Ballantines Movie Colony. It was designed by Albert Frey, so it has a pedigree. I don't think the exterior is really googie, though. The interiors are all mid-century; they went out of their way to find Eames furniture and all sorts of period pieces of that nature. Here is a link: http://www.ballantineshotels.com/moviecolony/palmspringstravelwriterssay.htm

But if I were you, I'd spend all my lodging money at the Tropics - keep 'em healthy!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Mauna Loa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-06-05 12:07 am   Permalink

Aloooooha! We'll be performing on Saturday evening, so get those grass skirts swayin' and those hukilalu nets swishin', it's luau time! I can't wait to see you all there!

-The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

The He'e Amakuas invite you to sway your hula hips over to:
http://geocities.com/theamakuas
Enjoy!

[ This Message was edited by: Miss Mauna Loa on 2002-06-05 00:09 ]

View Profile of Miss Mauna Loa Send a personal message to Miss Mauna Loa  Email Miss Mauna Loa Goto the website of Miss Mauna Loa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-06-05 10:02 pm   Permalink

I am SO looking forward to seeing the He'e Amakuas at the Oasis. It will be a highlight of the weekend!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation