Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Central World Tour
Tiki Central World Tour
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-05 01:20 am   Permalink

Being that I'm on the road alot, I get a chance to see places - but only from a business standpoint. An office is an office is an office, right? So this time I'm making it personal. I'll be traveling quite a bit over the next 6 weeks or so and would love to meet TC'ers as I pass through.

Oct 9-13 I'll be in the San Fran area. Will be hitting up Tonga Room for happy hour on Wed night (the 9th). Hopefully Trader Vic's in Emeryville the next night. Bay Area Centralites are welcome to join me.

Oct 17-18 Will be in the Sacramento area. Don't know if there are any tiki haunts out there. Do we even have TC'ers out here?

Oct 20-23 Rolling into Las Vegas. Plan to stop by Taboo Cove (and bitch about the music) on Sun night (the 20th). Hula Hula (or anyone else) wanna meet up?

Nov 8-10 Back to Sin City. Plan to pick up where I left off. Maybe see the old Stardust Aku Aku Moai.

December 7-10 Back in Sacramento. Hope I don't all that is tiki on my first trip.

Anyways, there you have it. Would love TC'ers along the way. Shoot me an email at
polynesianpop@yahoo.com. Maybe we can share a bowl (a Scorpion Bowl, that is), trade mugs or talk tiki!

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-10-05 01:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-10-05 01:23 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-05 1:51 pm   Permalink

Gretchen and I will be going to the Pau'ole A Ka Makemake benefit show on Wednesday the 9th in SF. We'd love to meet up at the Tonga Room beforehand if possible.
I need to see if there will be any problem leaving work early that day, but there shouldn't be since I'm working all weekend

What time were you planning on being there?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-05 2:13 pm   Permalink

hey PP i'd love to bitch about taboo cove with ya, I belive there's are a few other TC's in vegas. I'll email you with my phn # when you get here just give me a call. If you have time we can go down to sunset park and check out(yep there it is..). the giant maoi tiki.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-06 09:40 am   Permalink

Tiki-bot, the Mrs and I plan to be at the Tonga Room for Happy hour (5-7pm). So far I got emails from both aquarj and mrsmiley to meet up. Stop by for a drink or two........or three.

Hula Hula, I'll be in town on the 20th. I emailed my celfone number to you. I can get together sometime in the PM (gotta work to attend to all day).

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-06 12:35 pm   Permalink

Great! We'll try to meet you all there.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-10 4:09 pm   Permalink

It's not much, but here's a couple pics of our little tiki-fest at the Tonga Room last night.
Hanford showed up!!! (Sorry for the extra punc. marks)

http://www.tikibot.com/

Can somebody let me know if this link works/doesn't work?

"No more MaD TiKi 4 U!"

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-bot on 2002-10-11 11:25 ]

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation