FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis V (2005) Attendance List
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis V (2005) Attendance List
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 2:28 pm   Permalink

Wanna get in FREE to Tiki Oasis? Do 2 shifts!
Forgot to get a weekend pass to Tiki Oasis? Still wanna come to the event?

Well why don't you volunteer! You ONLY have to do 2 shifts to get in FREE to TIki Oasis.

Wow, not bad for a sold-out event!

Tiki Oasis is a volunteer-run event so a few hours helping out and you can still meet all the Tiki Oasis attendees and join in on the fun!

FRIDAY
NEW SHIFT! STAGE SETUP
12:00 - 4:00p Need two volunteers

DOOR TWO - SIDE GATE
5:15 - 7:30 need one volunteer

SATURDAY
DOOR ONE - MAIN ENTRANCE (2 volunteers per shift)
9:15 - 11:30pm
11:15 - 1:00a

DOOR TWO - SIDE GATE

DOOR THREE - BAR GATE
7:15- 9:30pm

Tiki News Booth:
Seeking people who know the Tiki News product
Saturday 11am –1pm
Saturday 1pm – 3pm
Sunday 11am – 2pm

If interested e-mail Mateo at <daedelvis@earthlink.net>

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 4:06 pm   Permalink

Tiki Oasis V  is ALMOST here! Below you will find out a few more details on some super surprises we have in store for you. (hummm.. I guess they are not really a surprise if I am telling you!)

SATURDAY NIGHT:
We are excited to announce that Sven Kirsten aka Sventiki will be  presenting "Unseen Images from the Kirsten Archives" a selection of images that have not been published, and show a small preview of material for his upcoming Book of  Witco.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

SATURDAY NIGHT:
The US Pre-Premiere showing of the dvd  ARMCHAIR TRAVELLING IN THE WORLD OF TIKI!
One guerilla film crew has travelled the Pacific for 101 days to capture both, the true South Sea and its pop culture reinvention. In this short excerpt from ARMCHAIR TRAVELLING IN THE WORLD OF TIKI  you will get insight in the work of veteran and present day tiki artists: Writers, musicians, painters, carvers, illustrators and, of course, bartenders. Meet all the exciting tiki people in detailed interviews - travel to all the magic places in Polynesia and beyond.

ALL WEEKEND:
West Coast debut of Fisherman's new album "Psychic Jungle Malfunction" Hot off the presses, this is the FIRST full-length pressed album by New York's favorite Vibraphonic Trio!   for ordering information, go to
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com/ , or contact Tiki Jive Records at tikijive@earthlink.net

BEFORE THE EVENT:
Crazy AL's  "Oasis 'V' Presale Store"
Buy now and pick your order up in Palm Springs!
WITH CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL
(Before May 1st - While Supplies Last)
Custom Hardwood Tikis, Tiki Chess Set, Custom Painted Mugs.. and more
SAVE ON SHIPPING!! SAVE TAX ON OUT OF STATE SALES!!
SAVE ON LOWER ORANGE CO. CA 7.75% TAX!!
<http://www.tikimania.com/docs/oasis_store.html>

ALL WEEKEND COSTUME CONTESTS:
Friday night best dressed PIRATE costume * Winner gets TWO tickets to Shag with a Twist
Saturday night best dressed SAVAGE costume * Winner gets TWO tickets to Shag with a Twist
Saturday afternoon best dressed KIDS contest *Winner gets prizes from Coconut Kiss and Rockit Baby
Saturday afternoon best dressed DOG/PET contest *Winner gets prize from Palm Springs, Cold Nose Warm Heart

VARIOUS WEEKEND FUN
VooDoo Rum giveaways
Beachbum Berry signing all three of his books
Derek Yaniger signing his art, mugs, and Tiki Art Now! books
King Kukulele leads a PIRATE treasure hunt
Tiki Oasis V t-shirts and posters
Guest bartenders and a FULLY stocked REEF bar!

CELEBRATIONS
May 6 birthday celebration of Nena Von Veithe aka Blue Angel of Babes in Sin
Mr and Mrs Pineapple Wedding Anniversary

STILL WANNA JOIN IN ON THE FUN??

The Tiki Bus DEPARTS San Francisco on Thursday night from the Odeon to Palm Springs  (approx 11 pm arrives PS approx 8 am) DEPARTS back to SF on Sunday early afternoon.  

Quench your thirst for the exotic at...
The Tiki Oasis V!  
May 5, 6, 7, 8th!!
The original Tiki weekender!
Go to www.tikinews.com for more info
* this event is sold out UNLESS you ride the bus!

$150 per person includes ticket to Tiki Oasis.
$110 per person JUST the bus to Palm Springs and back to SF.

Yes, there will be live entertainment on the bus trip
Yes, people can take the bus one way and fly the other and just pay half ($55 + $40 for Tiki Oasis ticket = $95)
Yes, people can drink on the bus (no smoking, drugs).
Yes, you can sleep comfortable on the bus (it sleeps at least 40 while moving).
Yes, the bus drivers are qualified, sober and safe.
Yes, you can bring a dog or a child
No, you cannot sleep on the bus over the weekend
No, the bus will not make other pick up stops along the way

The vehicle is always serviced and checked by a licensed mechanic before it goes out on a trip. The coach is 40' long, and in great mechanical shape. It's a former Green Tortoise bus. There is a roof rack for bikes. There is a small potty (peeing only please) for your peeing pleasure. There is personal lights with every seat for reading. There are 2 dinettes for 8 - 10 people to play scrabble or cards or quarters. The coach travels at an average 65 miles per hour (20 mph up steep hills, though). 2 drivers means a safe journey through night.
Questions e-mail Otto@tikinews.com

payment method is same as for Tiki Oasis tickets
use Paypal payable to otto.vonstroheim@tesser.com or mail a check and confirm that you have done so by e-mailing Otto so that he does not oversell the bus and end up returning your money

If you are interested in booking voyage on this bus e-mail Otto attention TIKI BUS at: otto@tikinews.com    
++++++++++++++

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-27 11:26 am   Permalink

Travelocity is rubbing it in on me! They emailed me today:

"FareWatcherSM Update Cities

Nashville, TN (BNA) New Price: $284.00+
Old Price: $413.00 You save: $129.00
Palm Springs, CA (PSP)"

$284 round trip. Jeez. I wish I had known to be saving up, but I gave up on Oasis a while ago.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-27 11:55 am   Permalink

Will anyone be bringing a laptop that will have internet access? I need a way to use paypal but I dont own a laptop? I will pay you $5 per transaction if you are willing.

This is assuming that the buyer and seller both have their OWN paypal accounts.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-27 12:06 pm   Permalink

I plan on having my laptop there. Caliente Tropics has dial-up internet access only and I have dial-up access through earthlink, which has a local PS number. I don't know about Vagabond.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiCrow
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-27 10:21 pm   Permalink

TikiCrow and Ms. TikiCrow (aka Suzanne) will be there. We just got in due to the Royal Sun booking snafu - Yea!!!

We are going to try to see SWAT Thursday night on our way down.

View Profile of TikiCrow Send a personal message to TikiCrow  Email TikiCrow Goto the website of TikiCrow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 09:08 am   Permalink

My dad and I will be there with our Munktiki vending machine.
Hey,... anybody else been watching the extended weather forecast for Palm springs. Showing now that it might rain that saturday. Wonder what plans are in place if it does?

-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 09:23 am   Permalink

If it rains theres only one thing to do. Cover the entire lanai with one of these..... Shaded for the sun, covered for the rain. Has anyone mentioned it to otto?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 10:06 am   Permalink

It's more likely you'll have to get under one of these:

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 10:27 am   Permalink

nah just get drunk enough you don't notice the liquid sunshine....besides everyone knows it never rains in southern california

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 11:48 am   Permalink

I got my shifts on the door on Saturday and Sunday so I will be there.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 11:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-29 11:48, suicide_sam wrote:
I got my shifts on the door on Saturday and Sunday so I will be there.

Way to go Sam! We'll see ya there!

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2005-04-29 12:20 pm   Permalink

ROOM AVAILABLE!!!!! At the Vagabond Inn.....I have an extra room reserved. Let me know if you need it. No tix for the Oasis though.

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2005-05-02 09:07 am   Permalink

SoccerTiki and WooHoo Wahine will B there!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-02 9:41 pm   Permalink

I can't wait to see if anyone knows how to Woo Hoo? (I know Soccer Tiki can)

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation