[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki The Aloha Spirit (TM) Tiki Gardens LP Weed
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Aloha Spirit (TM) Tiki Gardens LP Weed
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-07 4:57 pm   Permalink

I had to post again so I could become a.....
SOCIALITE!

Hooray for me.

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-07 4:58 pm   Permalink

Oh - I guess it takes 101 posts.....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-07 5:48 pm   Permalink

Okay... I am ready to burn! Somebody please work me into the weed!

visit Traderpup.com

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-07 6:05 pm   Permalink

I'd like some weed too, so who's the dealer right now? Sorry but I dont have a burner so just throw me on the bottom of the list.

I think this is a cool idea, we should come up with a TC sounds CD, a little bit of everything tiki. We could post a list of worthy song, come to a vote then place them all on Kazaa, then some supernice TC'er can downlaod and burn the CD.

anytakeres?

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-07 8:15 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Mike! I'm not read to burn yet, but it's nice to see positive vibes and contributions from fellow Floridians.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-07 8:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-10-07 18:05, hula hula wrote:
I'd like some weed too, so who's the dealer right now? Sorry but I dont have a burner so just throw me on the bottom of the list.

There seems to be some confusion about how the "weed" works, so I'll try to clear it up.

Basically, there is no list for a weed. I posted the first announcement for 4 cds and took the first four responses. If you sent me an email, or posted a reply in this thread, you were NOT put on a list to get one. When the four people I mailed cds to get theirs, they will post announcements similar to the one I did, and then announce the winners. All of the transactions except for the announcements of a weed ("Weed Open") and the announcing of the winners ("Weed Closed") should happen privately, off list.

You may have to try several times before you get in on a weed, but don't worry -- EVERYONE who wants one will get one, since the weed won't die until people stop responding to announcements.

Also, don't worry if you can't burn copies yourself -- each person offering the disc can take 1 person of the 3 without burn capabilities. This gives the people who don't have burners a chance to get the cd, but it gives the people with burners (who bear a small expense in blank cds and postage) an advantage in getting the disc faster because those people will continue the weed.

Sorry to clog up TC with non-tiki info, but if this works, hopefully others will be inspired to share hard-to-find tiki-related music hint, hint!

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-07 10:26 pm   Permalink

This is going to be great! I'll tell 4 friends and then they'll tell 4 friends and so on...and so on....Thanks - Dawn aka..Farrah

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-10-07 22:27 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-08 07:46 am   Permalink

Trader Pup

I will make sure you are on my first run of the weed since you were so gracious to run the OC Mini Crawl CD for us all. I play it all the time. Thanks Terry.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-08 09:56 am   Permalink

Hey I think this weed idea is great and I'd like to see it extend to more, like different cd's favorite tiki bar tune or hard to find exotica mixes. Music is meant to be shared.

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-08 10:51 am   Permalink

If you guys want, I can put songs up on my secret web server for free download any time. Yes, they would be MP3's, but that's what most Net music is. I already keep a good bit of my stuff up there to send around. If anyone had a wish to, send me the MP3's and it'll be there for anyone, anytime. Kazaa is slow, unpredictable and costs money.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaD-TiKi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-10-08 1:47 pm   Permalink

Hello Muggler
MaD-TiKi holds no grudges either, thanks for looking out for me. I think that is a great idea. I have a burner, and whenever someone would like to weed one over to me I'll be gladly to burn 4 and keep the weed going.
MaD-TiKi

View Profile of MaD-TiKi Send a personal message to MaD-TiKi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-08 3:20 pm   Permalink

i'll post again when i receive my copy, but i just wanted let any brits/europeans out there that i'm you're contact for the tiki gardens cd goodies!

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-09 4:54 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki Chris, please mark me down for one. Thanks!

Yesterday eBay, tomorrow the world!

Thanks too to TheMuggler. Nice one.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-10 4:27 pm   Permalink

OK - thanks to Swanky I've been able to host the Tiki Gardens LP to CD, now in the popular MP3 format!
All the tracks have been ID'd, and the info uploaded to the CD Data Base - so all you have to do is download the MP3s & burn a CD (I suggest using Disc-at-Once, or turning your pauses all to 0 secs) - and you can take this once rare gem & go!
Swanky also graciously posted the art work too!
You can download at:
www.swankpad.org/tiki/tikigardens/tikigardens.htm

Mahalo!

TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-12 6:06 pm   Permalink

Can I just say that you're all a great bunch?

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation