FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NW Tiki Crawl 2005 Official Thread!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
NW Tiki Crawl 2005 Official Thread!
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-10 1:39 pm   Permalink

Our team of dedicated Crawl Coordinators has met, discussed, pontificated, consumed countless tropical drinks, fallen off chairs and come up with the OFFICIAL NW TIKI CRAWL 2005 DATES!

This year's crawl will be held, once again, in lovely Portland, Oregon, on the weekend of June 17th-19th. We are in the process of re-designing the web page and working out all the details, so keep an eye on this thread for further information.

We hope to top last year's success, adding new events and features to the crawl. We look forward to seeing as many Tiki Centralites as possible at this year's event.

If you are a vendor, performer, home bar owner or someone wishing to donate to our raffle, here are the email addresses you'll need to contact the proper coordinator:

Home bar owners(if you're interested in adding your bar to the tour):
john@nwtiki.com
Vendors: markp@nwtiki.com
Performers, venues and general queries: mark@nwtiki.com

Stay tuned for more exciting information!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMaxton on 2005-01-10 13:40 ]

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-10 6:52 pm   Permalink

Ai ya! What is with the propensity for setting tiki central events on mothers/fathers day?

don't you people have parents?? I mean, parents like mine that will rip off my epidermis with a butter knife if I dare miss a mothers or fathers day??

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-10 6:59 pm   Permalink

I am already pushing it with Mothers day in Palm Springs--I can't miss Fathers Day , too. DANG!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 09:53 am   Permalink

More appropriately, we should ask, "What is it with Father's/Mother's days that they simply must happen during perfectly good Tiki weather? Can't we celebrate our progenitors during the winter when nothing else is going on?"

I guess those of us who have parents who are either deceased or living far away (like Mexico) tend to forget that other folks have more of a connection to these holidays. We picked the only workable weekend in June; sincere apologies to those who must favor other commitments.

MA

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 10:38 am   Permalink

Let's have a Tiki Parent Crawl!
I hope to make this Maxton.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 10:45 am   Permalink

Just use Steve Martin's old excuse...
"I Forgot."

Mrsmiley, it was Father's Day last year. Just recycle your excuse. Ya gotta be here.

[ This Message was edited by: mrtikibar on 2005-01-11 10:46 ]

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 3:17 pm   Permalink

I'm going to try my darndest to make this event. DrunknMonkey actually suggested a little road trip down Portland way!(if he's home by June)

He was also wondering if there are any beer related festivals/events happening down that way that anyone knows of?

Mahalo!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-01-11 3:44 pm   Permalink

"Hey Dad, I won't be in town for Fathers' Day this year because I have to be in Portland for a work-related conference first thing Monday morning, the day after Fathers' Day. Did you get the card I sent? I'll come by for a visit real soon. I knew you'd understand."

It's easy!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2005-01-11 4:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-11 15:44, thejab wrote:
"Hey Dad, I won't be in town for Fathers' Day this year because I have to be in Portland for a work-related conference first thing Monday morning, the day after Fathers' Day. Did you get the card I sent? I'll come by for a visit real soon. I knew you'd understand."

It's easy!

would you use that old excuse when there are hidden original records of sinatra outtakes (to be inherited) on the line??

I have a lot at stake, and that's just one of them.

DangerGirl (proud new owner of autographed Vincent Price portrait, from daddy's office)

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sea-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-13 5:44 pm   Permalink

Must say, we had an absolute fabulous time last year...is it possible to have too good a time???? Those dates are looking good for us Seattle Tikis! Mahalo for your efforts kids!

View Profile of Sea-Tiki Send a personal message to Sea-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-13 10:12 pm   Permalink

MrSmiley, what is it with the women in your life and Vincent Price?!? He always gets there first even though he's dead!

VERY cool, DG. You lucky lucky thing! I absolutely adore Vincent. I love it that he was married to the incredibly interesting Coral Browne, too.

Speaking of dead, somewhere my Dad is laughing and saying "go to the damned Crawl, Snuggles." So I will. I can't wait to see all the great Tiki folks up in the beautiful Northwest again! You guys are such nice people...it has been WAY too long. I'm not even gonna bother with cliches like "where does the time go?" but it IS disconcerting.

Anyway...we'll be there for sure.

XOX tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 2:00 pm   Permalink

I missed last years crawl but plan on skipping the Micro Brew Fest in Seattle this year so we can attend this years!

Since we are noobies...can someone give me an idea of what we're in for? What are the dos and don'ts of this crawl?

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 2:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-27 14:00, Dancin' Lizard wrote:
Since we are noobies...can someone give me an idea of what we're in for? What are the dos and don'ts of this crawl?

DO Have an excellent time.
DON'T Puke in the bushes on the home bar tour.
DO Tip the busdriver
DON'T Tip over the bus
DO Put your camera on the floor and take upshots of all your friends huddled together
DON'T Forget to pick your camera up off the floor
DO Dance when there's music
DO Make time for a Voodoo Doughnut
DO Buy your tickets as soon as they become available
DON'T Forget to bring money for the raffle.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMaxton on 2005-01-27 15:03 ]

Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 3:36 pm   Permalink

Take a shot every time you pass over a bridge crossing the Willamette.

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-28 12:18 pm   Permalink

Well tie me up and slap me silly!

It looks like we'll be able to make this event! Jeff happens to have a break from French torture in Quebec between the 13th and the 20th of June!

I'm getting my freak flag out of storage as we speak.

And I can't wait to meet all you wonderful folks across the water from me!

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine on 2005-01-28 12:28 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation