FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NW Tiki Crawl 2005 Official Thread!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
NW Tiki Crawl 2005 Official Thread!
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 9:55 pm   Permalink

Hey you started this - finish it!

C'mon I double dog dare you!

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-06-08 9:27 pm   Permalink

holycow! i was obsessively checking nwtiki.com for new messages (only 9 days to go!) ~ and WOW ~ there's a HUGE guide to Portland... everything from thrift stores, clubs, bars, restaurants and breweries ~ even a list of taxi companies!!

i think we'll need a month to do it all! Portland is our favorite local weekend getaway destination, so i've printed a copy to bring along. and im gonna figure out how to load a pdf onto my pda!

we got a room at the Jupiter ~ (dogs are staying home with the dog nanny). i'm so excited!!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-08 10:12 pm   Permalink

Fantastic!
I'll definitely be printing that out. Thanks for the heads up elicia!

We've decided to add a night to the trip, arriving on Thursday instead of Friday evening. NEED MORE TIME!
We'll be at the Jupiter as well, happy happy joy joy

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-11 1:31 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know if tickets will be available at the door of The Jasmine Tree for Sat. Nites festivities? And how much?

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-11 3:36 pm   Permalink

Take a look at the NW Tiki Crawl website forum - I answered it there. In short - Yes they will.

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Katin

Posted: 2005-06-13 07:53 am   Permalink

Congrats on the terrific Guide to Portland PDF! Wow, super cool - great work guys. Kudos to whoever put that together! Thanks!

Sounds like Thurs evening at the Jupiter bar is a good place to pre-welcome Tikiphiles coming from all corners... I may drop by and say Hi!!

View Profile of Tiki_Katin Send a personal message to Tiki_Katin  Email Tiki_Katin Goto the website of Tiki_Katin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-13 09:56 am   Permalink

Just added Thursday night to our stay, no sense in rushing it

Doug Fir Lounge Thursday Eve? Sounds like a plan to me!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-15 5:29 pm   Permalink

Taking a look through the Tiki Crawl Portland PDF, the Jen-Jen Safari Club looks excellent.

I also found some photos with some typical Portlanders in the club:
http://fidgit.org/gallery/sophisticates/DSCN2647
http://fidgit.org/gallery/sophisticates/DSCN2704

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-16 6:24 pm   Permalink

Man, I went thru all those pics, and only about 5 of them showed any of the animals, and four of those were animals in the back ground. I was also noticing how bare the walls looked, then I noticed a pic that had dark spots on the wall where some of the mounts USED TO BE !! It's been awhile since I've been out there(it's a good 45 min out of Portland) and I'm wondering how much is missing from it's glory days. I lived there when it was built, and I've seen it go from something almost as cool as a well done Tiki Bar/Restaurant to the Chinese food place w/ some wierd stuffed animal displays that it is today.
I know Estacada has changed alot since the days when there was no law, and heavy drinking out of work loggers ruled the streets, but I'd still packing a gun just in case. And watch out for deer crossing the highway. You're not considered a true local until you've got hair hanging from your smashed in grill!

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-06-17 12:39 pm   Permalink

todd and i are leaving seattle in a few minutes. we've rented a minivan, and its stuffed with the bar and stools!

we dont have a laptop ~ so the best way to get us is by cellphone

Seamus: find us at the Jupiter, and lets see how we can store this thing.. cuz Monkeyskull wants to ride with us

Monkeyskull: got your email.. look for us at the J ~ we'll find a way to stuff you into a nook or cranny!

Portland here we come!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 08:09 am   Permalink

A giant Thank You to all who organized the crawl. It was so much fun!! The events were amazing; every detail so well planned for maximum enjoyment.

It was wonderful to meet everyone. It feels like the end of of summer camp. I don't want everyone to leave and go home.

Thank you so much to all who visited our home tiki bar. We were so honored to have you all there.

Very Best,
Gem

P.S. When is the next Alabi Happy Hour?

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sailor Curt
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-20 08:21 am   Permalink

We second all of the above!

The event was very well planned, the food and drinks were great, the artists and vendors were top-notch (we totally scored on some great new tiki art), and the music was fantastic.

Our thanks to the organizers and everyone else who worked to make the 2005 NW Tiki Crawl run like a well coconut-oiled machine. We met some great people and are looking forward to hanging out with you all again soon.

Aloha & Mahalo,

Sailor Curt & Melissa

View Profile of Sailor Curt Send a personal message to Sailor Curt  Email Sailor Curt Goto the website of Sailor Curt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 08:32 am   Permalink

I was really impressed by the work of the organizers. The whole time at the Alibi I kept seeing them meet, discuss check stuff, do it again. The place also never looked or sounded better...Some of that due to Seamus' over the top display for his wares which was practically a whole Tiki bar environment in itself.

In other news: Hey unknown lady who bought item #10 from me, you never picked it up.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 09:28 am   Permalink

I'm glad to hear a good time was had by all (most)!

Gem, we usually do Tiki Happy Hour at the Alibi the first Friday of the month. I think. Except probably not for July, since that's a holiday weekend. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the Crawl, you guys are the best! It's the people who make it truly special.

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 09:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-20 08:32, woofmutt wrote:
In other news: Hey unknown lady who bought item #10 from me, you never picked it up.

Crap I knew I forgot something when I left for the Jasmine Tree! I was suppose to take that over and make an announcement about it.....sorry man. Too much to do too little time. Glad you had a good time.

Thanks to all of you out there for showing up and having fun. That's what it's all about! Now I am going to bed for a few days - wiped out!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation