FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » NW Tiki Crawl 2005 Official Thread!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
NW Tiki Crawl 2005 Official Thread!
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 09:50 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone for coming and making this the best Northwest Tiki Crawl yet! We had a huge blast during the event, which for organizers is a rare, rare happening. It was our honor to be able to provide a fun, easy going, and uniquely Northwest event for you all.

Soon we'll have a gallery page for everyone to upload their choice photos to (should you wish).

Cheers!

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 4:20 pm   Permalink

Thank you everyone!! From the people who organized, to the gracious hosts of home tiki bars and the exciting bunch of people who attended. We had a ball and I plan on attending the next one.

We met so many wonderful people and I wish I could remember all your names. I remember your faces, I remember your style and clothes and I remember the conversations. That, and all the visual information in my head, is nearly causing my brain to lock up...there's just no room for names. Maybe next year.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 4:29 pm   Permalink

A huge thank you to all our guests, vendors, entertainers and sponsors! We organizers had a blast. Far from being burned out, we're already planning for next year. To that end, we ask that all attendees who have thoughts, ideas, complaints or suggestions about next year please speak up in the appropriate forum at the NW Tiki Crawl website (www.nwtiki.com). We're looking forward to hearing how we can make next year's event even more fun for you!

Also, as I mentioned on the bus, it would be most helpful if those of you who are so inclined would drop a line to our generous sponsors to tell them how much you appreciated their involvement with the Crawl. This, more than anything, will help us to make next year the best Crawl yet!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-06-20 7:15 pm   Permalink

A gigantic THANK YOU to the NW Crawl Organizers ~ pulling together the venues, the hotel, bands, sponsors, vendors, home bar tour ~ giving us Swag Bags, Raffle Prizes and keeping us entertained for 3 days and nights! And not to forget the hand poured NW Crawl Mug!!

Todd and I had a fantastic time in Portland! we felt we got SO much more than we deserved! the swag bag was my favorite! no wait, the buffet was my favorite.. no..wait.. it was the bus.. ok, i can’t pick a favorite. it was ALL GOOD.

We’ve always loved The Alibi ~ but this time everything seems to sparkle! There’s a new breath of life in the restaurant and the staff. The food is always a great value, and we jazzed that you got us free happy hour buffet! We got our usual waiter, Alex, who did a great job of keeping us fed and our beverages topped off! Three cheers to Larry, the owner, for dusting off the lamps and making us all feel so welcome!

Susan and the Surftones and Lushy at Jasmine Tree were terrific.

Home Bar Tour Hosts & Hostesses ~ thank you for opening your houses and liquor cabinets to us! I now have the urge to put mannequins in my house…

I don’t remember the names of everyone we met ~ but I’m sure we’ll see you at the next NW Crawl ~ but more likely, sooner than that!

Thank You * Thank You * Thank You!!!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-21 09:53 am   Permalink

Where will the next generation of tiki bartenders come from? My father in law passed his bar test:

But thejab may have to hold back my son:

Thanks to tikiwonder for the great pics and to all the ohana that made the event so much fun.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-21 2:43 pm   Permalink

I posted my recap of the weekend here:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15213&forum=4&start=last&6

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 08:03 am   Permalink

Wow, what a great weekend ! Many many thanks to the NW Tiki Crawl Ohana for all their efforts in putting together such a fun 3 day event... Selector Lopaka and I had a blast ! It was great to see everyone again, and also to meet more of the TC ohana. It was great to have an evening at the Castaway Cove, as well as to be back at the Alibi & Jasmine Tree for Saturday's festivities. Thanks to all the talented artists for vending, we are glad to have some great new tiki art additions for our home. Also many thanks to the hosts & hostesses on Sunday's home bar tour that kindly opened their homes for us all to gather. Looking forward to next year's event !

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 10:06 am   Permalink

For those who would like to thank the sponsors for their participation, here are some email addresses:

Tiki Cargo - Shaun Cusik -
shaun@tikicargo.com
Cruzan - Sam Ham - sham@cruzanltd.com
Spirits West (Cruzan Distributor) - Todd Parry - toddparry@alaskadistributors.com
Munktiki - Stuckey - stuckey@munktiki.com
Tiki Farm - Holden - holden@tikifarm.com
Jupiter Hotel - Al Munguia - al@jupiterhotel.com
Antique Alley - Roy - reef@teleport.com
Tiki Mac - Roby Sherman - roby@tikimac.com
3D Spirits (Voodoo/Redrum) - Dan DaDalt - dan@redrum.com

I know they'd love to hear from you, and your kind words will make it easier to secure them for sponsorship of next year's event.

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 12:18 pm   Permalink

Also, if you'd like to upload your folders to the gallery, go here:

http://www.nwtiki.com/gallery

Register/Login and you can create an album to upload pics (they upload button is at the top).

everyone has a quota of 5MB, so keep 'em web sized!
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-22 10:45 pm   Permalink

Best line I heard on the 2005 NW Tiki Crawl: TikiMama to Humuhumu as the latter explained that she never wins anything while picking up her tikimac prize, "Yes, yes, it just sucks to be you."

Below are some photos from the crawl. More can be found
here

One of many corners in Castaway Cove

Solid Gold Dancer and Andy from Lushy on the Jasmine Tree dance floor

Tiki crawlers crowd in to glimpse the legendary Coconut Cove bathroom wallpaper

Thanks one more time to all the organizers, hosts, and artists for another swell crawl.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 08:08 am   Permalink

That rainbow pic is AWESOME!!!
Especially for Pride Week!

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-23 10:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-23 08:08, purple jade wrote:
That rainbow pic is AWESOME!!!
Especially for Pride Week!

Sunday night's sky was so weird. It just glowed orange and then the rainbows came out. Wow! I thought someone spiked my punch with something stronger on the home bar tour! No wonder so many deadheads like to live in Portland.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-27 9:19 pm   Permalink

A friend of mine went to Rocky Butte (a small Mtn. in the middle of the city) that night when the massive thunderhead rolled in from the south. He said you could see Mt. St.Helens shooting out steam from the north, as the sky turned red and lightning was streaking in all directions. He said everyone left immediately when the thunder and the flash hit simultaneously.

The emergency broadcast interrupted programming to warn of possible tornadoes!

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-28 04:05 am   Permalink

"The emergency broadcast interrupted programming to warn of possible tornadoes!"

Mystery solved: We were in the Alibi that evening and twice we heard the Emergency Alert signal come across the Alibi's FM/sattelite music channel, once with an ominous "turn to channel 14". The staff gave it no attention and as the Alibi is windowless we we're imagining nuclear destruction or an alien invasion just outside the door but figured we were in one of the best places to spend the final hours of civilization before the mutant zombie Martians took over.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-29 11:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-22 22:45, monkeyskull wrote:
Best line I heard on the 2005 NW Tiki Crawl: TikiMama to Humuhumu as the latter explained that she never wins anything while picking up her tikimac prize, "Yes, yes, it just sucks to be you."

Best one I heard was:

"Have you ever TOUCHED a monkey?"
short pause "No, but I've spanked one."

All parties shall remain anonymous.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation