FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Official Announcement of Hukilau 2005
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2005
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-12 3:11 pm   Permalink

I am excited to announce plans for Hukilau 2005 and underway! The dates for Hukilau 2005 are Oct 6 - 8. We will once again honor the Mai Kai as previously stated in the Chicago/Ft. Lauderdale thread. We are still in the planning stages for the event so if you are not signed up for news please visit http://www.thehukilau.com and sign up today. As soon as the site is updated and things are a go we will send out a news mail and post here!

I am also thrilled to announce that James Teitelbaum will be assisting me this year in light of Swanky's resignation. Welcome James!

I will update as soon as things progress but mark your calendars!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2005-01-12 15:12 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-12 3:22 pm   Permalink

Hey everybody.

Just wanted to say that that I hope I can live up to the legacy that Christie and Tim have established for past Hukilau events.

We are already working on a truly exciting array of talent to perform for you all.

Christie and I have been throwing ideas around for the past month or so, and I think we have some really great surprises cooked up already, even though the event is still nine months away!

Wish I could tell you about it all right now, but I don't want to jinx anything that isn't a done-deal... so watch this space as well as
www.thehukilau.com .

See you all there!

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars on 2005-01-12 15:24 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-12 4:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-12 15:11, tiki_kiliki wrote:
I am excited to announce plans for Hukilau 2005 and underway! The dates for Hukilau 2005 are Oct 6 - 8. We will once again honor the Mai Kai as previously stated in the Chicago/Ft. Lauderdale thread. mark your calendars!

Oh, great!! Just plan Hukilau on some major Holidays why don't you?!?! October 6 is German-American Day, October 7 is United Nations Childrens Day AND East German Republic Day, and October 8 is the anniversary of The Great Chicago Fire! (Good thing Hukilau is not being held there)
As an under age East German who belongs to the UN and has ties to Chicago I regret to inform you all that I will not be able to attend!! tee hee
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-13 06:53 am   Permalink

excellent james and christie!!! many mahalos for your efforts!

don't worry mrsmiley, we can bring a piece of "die mauer" to hukilau to keep you feeling at home. howzabout a "mauer moai..."

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-13 09:02 am   Permalink

Sounds like the party remains in very capabale hands. Thanks for stepping up for this James, and please let your Florida cousins know if you need any help.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-13 3:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-13 06:53, Johnny Dollar wrote:
excellent james and christie!!! many mahalos for your efforts!

don't worry mrsmiley, we can bring a piece of "die mauer" to hukilau to keep you feeling at home. howzabout a "mauer moai..."

ZAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-13 9:27 pm   Permalink

Well I am SO Glad it is going to be here in SoFlo again. I will be there again and hopefully this time for the whole gig. Looking forward to meeting you all again and playing a bit this time.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-13 10:04 pm   Permalink

Congrats James! It will be fun watching you pull a tiki outta yer hat. Heh heh.

I really, really can't wait and I am NOT drinking any weird dangerous drinks this year. Nope. No way. Well, not on an empty stomach anyway.

tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-15 06:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-13 09:02, Kailuageoff wrote:
Sounds like the party remains in very capabale hands. Thanks for stepping up for this James, and please let your Florida cousins know if you need any help.
KG

Very capable hands indeed. James is handling all entertainment booking and sound so if you guys have any ideas just send them his way!

If anyone has questions regarding vendors, artists, volunteering, general info please do not hesitate to email me directly.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-17 9:40 pm   Permalink

Yay! I am so excited that its here again! WhooHOOOO!!!!!!!! I never get sick of The Mai Kai. Just ask the people who work there... though I am willing to bet that they are getting sick of me. LOL!

I will email you soon!

Lenore

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-19 1:57 pm   Permalink

Lenoore,

Can't wait to meet you too and have many nights at the Mai Kai in the future.

Take care and I'll be in touch very soon!

The Hukilau

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation