FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events LuckyTiki!! World Relief Party!!!! & Tiki Auction!!!! Jan22cd
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
LuckyTiki!! World Relief Party!!!! & Tiki Auction!!!! Jan22cd
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-23 8:35 pm   Permalink

Hey, they got the blender!
Wish I was there too.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 08:46 am   Permalink

Wow, what a huge turn-out. The Lucky Tiki was packed, and at one point they had to stop letting people in. Who were all those people? I only recognized about 20 people from other Tiki Central events. Is that the regular Saturday Night crowd at Lucky Tiki? Were they Tiki Central lurkers? Identify yourselves!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 09:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-24 08:46, ookoo lady wrote:
Wow, what a huge turn-out. The Lucky Tiki was packed, and at one point they had to stop letting people in. Who were all those people? I only recognized about 20 people from other Tiki Central events. Is that the regular Saturday Night crowd at Lucky Tiki? Were they Tiki Central lurkers? Identify yourselves!

I was the lurker in the bright orange shirt. It was my first event. It was great.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 09:49 am   Permalink

Since I wasn't there, how did my drink taste? That is, if anyone ordered it. It was the blended Monkey Mai Tai.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 11:55 am   Permalink

I too was one of the Lurkers.....the Fez head enjoying many many drinks

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 1:52 pm   Permalink

(Sorry for the delay in this post... Sunday was a 'me' day.... or rather Significant Other B-day day......)

THANKS FOLKS!!!!!!!!! $800!! WILL GO TO THE RED CROSS!!
Just Because Tiki Is So Cool!!!!!!!!!

BIG THANKS!!!!!!! TO..............

Big AL!!!!! THE SAINT!!! (TC volunteer bartender)
The Place Was Packed! with Regulars!! then the TC folks showed!!!!!! AL was given All the Monkey Business!!! Yikes.... sorry for that AL ....
You Rock!!

Tiki TONY!!!! this guy brought in like a third of the proceeds!!! And ran the silent auction all night as well!!!

D.J. LEE!!!! of
http://www.dionysusrecords.com Who spun the greatest music for free... with no room to move... and a rising Water Level!!! Yikes!!!! Yikes!!!!

Wes!!! and BAXDOG!!! of House of Tiki Newport Bch!!!! Who's 'Shaka Tiki' mug sold out! after the Ape mugs Sold Out!!!!!

TIKI FARM!! Donated mugs 100%!!!!!

SamGambino and Polynesiac!!!! Let a great one of a kind art go for the cause!! 100%!!!!

VintageHawaiianPrints!!!!
BambooBen!!!!
BongoFury!!!!
TikiDiablo!!!! get well soon!
and ALL the TC'ers Sucking Down all the booz I brought!!!
I'm not the greatest host... thanks for giving me a wave as a ran by and never said... Hello...or How are You.

As for the Monkey Mai Tai...... The Drunk Hat! walks with the Limited Edition Mug!
with Hale Tiki coming in a very close second with the "Taboo:MonkeyMaiTai"

Thanks for all the Fun!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al on 2005-01-24 13:54 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 2:55 pm   Permalink

holy crap! i can't believe i won! well i wish i could have been there but i was sick as a dog all weekend. needless to say i feel a whole lot better now! thanks c' al for offering up a fine prize and puttin me in the top 4. also thanks to all of you who voted for my drink at the lucky tiki!

on the serious side: all of you who were able to make it there should be proud of the money you raised for a very worthy cause. it seems the spirit of aloha was in full effect!

lets have a monkey mai tai victory party here in the dark marq in a few weeks! any TCers up for a some cocktails? look for a seperate post soon!

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 3:27 pm   Permalink

Congrats Scott!
I knew you had it in ya (Or should I say your liver)!
Best to ya!!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 5:13 pm   Permalink

I heard it said that night that if Big Al worked at a bar on a regular basis people would go there just for his mixing. Well, at least we got a little taste of what that would be like on Saturday. (One can always wish, can't they?) And DJ Lee's record selections were ultra spot on too.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-01-25 12:55 am   Permalink

Well, Crazy Al nice job, thankyou for organizing this benefit. It was soO packed, Alene and I only went in once after midnite for a moment before we left. You drunk TCer's crack me up, thanks for the great show, and for buying up all the necklaces I brought. Polynesiac, great carving you donated, and it now resides in the Lucky Tiki, Bobby won the bid. Sam, nice detailing on the Moai and it went to the man Lucky Burton who tricked out the Lucky Tiki head to toe with the build. He was so excited to have won the bid on your painting.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 07:29 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info, tikitony. I wondered where it had ended up....

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-26 10:19 pm   Permalink

Hey C'al thanks for organizing a great evening, I had a blast and I'm sure that everyone else did too!

tIki tOny - You and Alene are too cool...thanks for doing the silent auction - sorry I had to jam early - who got your awesome tiki?!?!?

Sam - I had the pleasure of sitting up close to your gold leaf - I can't believe how good it looked! Lucky is...well..lucky!

I'm honored to know that my carving ended up at the lucky tiki! That is one cool tiki bar!
Great seeing all you wacky TCers! Thanks for the pics krustiki!

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2005-01-26 22:19 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 12:52 pm   Permalink

Hey Polynesiac- Thanks a bunch for your kind words. I wish I had been there - it sounded like a great time.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bike Shack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-31 5:23 pm   Permalink

Hi all

I have been away for awhile, but I was there with my wife and some freinds we had a blast. I really like the music and seeing you all.
I went home with the hotWheelz , and a TikiTony neckless,,see you all next time

Scott

View Profile of Bike Shack Send a personal message to Bike Shack  Email Bike Shack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation