FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Napolean Dynamite
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Napolean Dynamite
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-31 7:51 pm   Permalink

I'm a Napolean Dynamite too...I always knew my killer dance moves would take me far in life. Not to mention my knowledge of danged languages.

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-07 07:37 am   Permalink

the actor who played uncle rico was lazlo in 'real genius'...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-04 8:17 pm   Permalink

And now you can relive those magic moments online

http://www.collegehumor.com/news/2005-01-20.napoleon.php

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-10 10:43 am   Permalink

There was a rumor I heard floating around that John Heder died recently of a drug overdose.

Friggin' idiots!

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-10 10:53 am   Permalink

we had tots last nite with dinner... mmm... tots...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-10 11:12 am   Permalink

I just read in Newsweek this morning that someone wrote in asking if "ligers" were real:

<<March 14 issue - Is a "liger" a real animal?
—Shannon Smith, Baton Rouge, La.

advertisement

Great romances have always crossed boundaries like class, race or age. But species? You bet. When humans place lions and tigers in close quarters (the two don't typically hang on the same turf in nature) a little cross-species loving has been known to happen. The result: the liger and the tigon. Ligers have lions for pops and tigers for moms and grow much larger than their parents. Tigons have the reverse for parents and tend to be dwarfs. Experiments with interspecies breeding were popular at zoos in the 1930s, but today it's frowned upon. Some relationships just weren't meant to be. >>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7102317/site/newsweek/

GOSH!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-10 11:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-10 10:43, tiki junkman wrote:
There was a rumor I heard floating around that John Heder died recently of a drug overdose.

Friggin' idiots!

snopes to the rescue.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/heder.asp

stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-10 7:55 pm   Permalink

factoid: the actor who played Pedro as well as Jon Heder both have identical twins! I saw the actor Efren Ramirez being interviewed with his twin. They both spoke lines from ND and it was creepy. The real "Pedro" has grown his hair long and wore it in a pony tail and his brother looked more like the character of Pedro. Efren said they have some kind of twin switcheroo planned for the MTV Movie Awards...

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 06:56 am   Permalink

I just saw this about a month ago, what a bust-up!. What makes it even better is when my wife(who hates any kind of goofy movie) does NOT laugh, I bust up even harder just looking at her non reaction.....it makes her shake her head and roll the eyes!.Did this movie start as a series on MTV or what?

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 07:06 am   Permalink

I just ran a 3.5 mile St Paddy's Day race in Seattle. Everyone was wearing their race shirt and I wore my "Vote for Pedro"
t-shirt. Received some good laughs from it.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 08:56 am   Permalink

my wife found this website for a zoo in reno that has a liger. i thought thwy were just made up for the movie, but apparently they're real. you can see a picture of one here. http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 02:39 am   Permalink

tina, come get some ham!

tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-04 5:18 pm   Permalink

J$
That picture is frickin sweet. I'm drawing a pencil sketch of it for you. It took me an hour to do the shading on your upper lip.

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 11:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-16 08:56, tiki5-0 wrote: you can see a picture of one here. http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm

With the skin tight tiger print pants and BIG hair these cats could be the heavy metal band of the animal kingdom. GRRRR. Even the name "Panthera/leo/tigris" sounds a helluva lot like Pantera.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 10:03 pm   Permalink

Here's a picture of "Hobbs" the liger at the Sierra Safari Zoo, in Reno, NV.

(Picture taken by a team of Japanese scientists and our underwater ally, the Loch Ness Monster.)

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation