FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chinese New Year Celebration at Chef Shangri-La
Chinese New Year Celebration at Chef Shangri-La
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-13 7:27 pm   Permalink

The Chinese "Year of the Rooster" New Years Celebration at Chef Shangri-La in North Riverside, IL will be held on Sunday, February 27th. There will be 2 shows complete with The Dragon Dance at 3pm and 6pm. We have attended for the past few years and can say, without a doubt it's a fabulous time!

These shows will sell out, so make reservations now! Call Chef Shangri-La for reservations or more info at 708-447-7080
See Ya There,
Dave & Coalbe

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-22 10:58 pm   Permalink

I was born in the year of the Rooster, but how do you cook the darn things?
Tikiboy

View Profile of tikiboy Send a personal message to tikiboy  Email tikiboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 11:15 am   Permalink

What day is the party? February 9th is the Chinese New Year.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 3:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-26 11:15, freddiefreelance wrote:
What day is the party? February 9th is the Chinese New Year.

Yes, you are indeed correct...Chinese New Year is February 9th, The celebration is on the 27th due to the fact that they had to coordinate with the dancers' schedule. The Dragon Dancers are a bunch of young Oriental kids who all seem to be related to Paul & Susan (the owners). They are all part of a dance school up on the north side of Chicago.
Also, we would like to let everyone know who may be attending, that The Chef has a new menu with some Fabulous new dishes.
Hope to See Ya There!
Dave & Coalbe

[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge on 2005-01-26 15:04 ]

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-09 10:33 am   Permalink

Duke, Logan and I will be there. The Chef is always a good time, and the Chinese New Year celebration they have is very cool. I hope we see a bunch of Tiki Central folks there.
-Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-09 11:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-09 10:33, boutiki wrote:
Duke, Logan and I will be there. The Chef is always a good time, and the Chinese New Year celebration they have is very cool. I hope we see a bunch of Tiki Central folks there.
-Amy

Do you have anymore of the Tiki Quest books? I'm going to the Chef at 3pm and would love to get one.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-09 4:34 pm   Permalink

[/quote]
Do you have anymore of the Tiki Quest books? I'm going to the Chef at 3pm and would love to get one.
[/quote]

Absolutly. We'll be sure to bring one for you!
-Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-10 05:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-09 16:34, boutiki wrote:

[/quote]

Absolutly. We'll be sure to bring one for you!
-Amy

[/quote]
Thanks! I'll see you guys there.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-20 2:10 pm   Permalink

Just a quick update.....
There will be about 20 or so at the first show which is at 3:30pm. We will be at the long table (and the round table right in front of it) in the back of the main dining area by the 3 Witco's. Hope to see some of you there.
For reservations call Chef Shangri-La at 708-442-7080.
D&C
P.S. Remember there are some tasty new additions to the menu!!

Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-21 12:27 pm   Permalink

I went to see if Chef Shangri-La had a website. Unfortunately I can't find one. How much does an average dinner/drinks run? Last time I went I just had the buffet.

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-21 12:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-21 12:27, Dawn32 wrote:
I went to see if Chef Shangri-La had a website. Unfortunately I can't find one. How much does an average dinner/drinks run? Last time I went I just had the buffet.

Dawn,
Dinners run anywhere from about $7.9-$13.95. I think the drinks are around $4.75 each.
See ya Sunday.
D&C

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-21 12:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-21 12:27, Dawn32 wrote:

Dawn, here's their blurb on
MetroMix (Chicago Tribune Co. site).

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 04:59 am   Permalink

I'm so sorry I missed out on everything. Unfortunately, I got sick and couldn't make it. So tell me, what did I miss?

Amy, Duke I'm so sorry about not being there to buy the book. I can't wait to see all you guys again.

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 10:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-28 04:59, Dawn32 wrote:
I'm so sorry I missed out on everything. Unfortunately, I got sick and couldn't make it. So tell me, what did I miss?

Amy, Duke I'm so sorry about not being there to buy the book. I can't wait to see all you guys again.

Hey Dawn,
You missed a great time! The place was packed to the rafters! Hopefully we will get some photos up soon.

TTFN
D&C
Get ready for Exotica!

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 10:33 pm   Permalink

Hey Chicago Ohana... sorry the wahine and I missed you all... we were out apartment hunting all day as our lease is up at the end of March...

The search was successful... now we get to start packing...

Hope to see you all soon...

We are planning on coming down to celebrate my birthday at Hala Kahiki for drinks... March 12... maybe we can meet up with you locals... I'll keep you posted...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation