FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Secret Temple (progress pic)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Secret Temple (progress pic)
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 06:12 am   Permalink

Finky in the previous pic with the waterfall and the round glass, I was lust looking at it again and it looks like the waterfall is flowing into the glass. How hard would it be to have the glass overflowing and running down the table? that would be wierd.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 08:38 am   Permalink

Nothing is really difficult, just time consuming. The more odd the shape, the more I have to sit in front of the monitor doing nothing while I visualize how to create the shape in a 3D environment. Flowing water wouldn't be harder than anything else, it would just take a lot of time because of all the complex, smooth curves. It would take a long time to make it convincing, but it's definately doable.

However, you've given me a good idea for a new picture!

By the way, in the pic you were talking about I was experimenting with glass and how to make it distort what you see through the object. The water isn't flowing into the glass, it's falling quite a distance behind it. Same thing with the windows. I think people thought they were mirrors instead of glass. Oh well, I guess I'll have to work on glass effects.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-15 03:44 am   Permalink

That looks awesome.

I would love a high-res pick when you are finished.

I figure if we equally support and challenge each other the standard of work will keep increasing indefinetely.

Funny I should say that when you are doing all the work...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTita
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-15 07:21 am   Permalink

Oh, he is so cool. I love the expression, really leaves me wondering what he's just been up to or what sort of chaos is about to break loose.

Great stuff!

View Profile of TikiTita Send a personal message to TikiTita      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation