FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Hawaiian Eye--t.v. show
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Hawaiian Eye--t.v. show
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-16 09:05 am   Permalink

If anyone is interested, The old television show, Hawaiian Eye, is playing on cable-Tuesdays-on the GOODL station. I'm not sure what GOODL stands for, but I have been taping the epsiodes for a month now, and the opening credits show a huge Tiki. If anyone was at the Tiki Oasis III you'll probably remember the show. In Minnesota this particular channel is in the high 200's if that helps at all. Enjoy.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-16 11:16 pm   Permalink

And all I can think of now when I think of this show is the theme song - being blurted out at *TOP* volume by King Kukulele....all Oasis weekend long.

"Hawaiian Eeeeeeeee-EEEYE!"

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-16 11:18 pm   Permalink

is this a station you can get all over the country?

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-16 11:40 pm   Permalink

It is on GTV..which is the Good Life Channel.
It was on every Monday at 8:00pm.

Then last week it wasn't on, and Surfside 6 was in its place. It was okay, but it wasn't as cool as Hawaiian Eye.
Tomorrow it shows Bourbon Street Beat? is on instead of Hawaiian Eye or Surfside 6.
77 Sunset Strip is still on Mondays at 7:00pm. Its cool too.

GTV website doesn't show Hawaiian Eye airing again until the 24th.

I emailed them and explained Hawaiian Eye was the only reason that I would be watching their channel and that once every 3 weeks wasn't enough. I got no response.

http://www.goodtv.com/program.php?programid=HE

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-17 07:44 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info. Erich.. Of course after I posted my information I couldn't find the show anywhere. I'm glad it's still on but every three weeks? Not enough-I'm hooked on Connie Stevens special brand of singing Hawaiian songs.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-17 12:04 pm   Permalink

http://www.nctc.net/~hazard/conrad/album/hawaiian.html

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-17 9:30 pm   Permalink

Well I'll be a tiki's uncle. I clicked around there on the old clicker and discovered that I actually do get the Good Life Network. Thanks to Tedtiki for posting this. According to the Good Life Network website 'Hawaiian Eye' airs on Mondays at 11PM and then runs again at 2AM. I'll have to hold out til next Monday to check it out. Can't wait.

Unga Bunga thanks for that clip. That is so priceless, Robert Conrad doing his best Elvis via Ricky Nelson imitation.

I'm sure ole Bob was perfecting his Eveready Battery commercials while on the set of Hawaiian Eye. "C'mon, I dare you to knock this Tiki off my shoulder."

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fijifingers
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-24 6:21 pm   Permalink

I have the album with soundtrack from Hawaii Five O .........the theme song is on it ........*S*.

Many years ago ..........my boys used to put on a Luau in West Houston ..........at the Savannah Apartments off of Westheimer.

People came from one end of town to the other every year to attend. We'd play about 20 songs and then repeat ..the theme song from ........."Hawaii Five O".

A good time was always had by one and all.

[ This Message was edited by: fijifingers on 2005-01-24 18:22 ]

View Profile of fijifingers Send a personal message to fijifingers  Email fijifingers Goto the website of fijifingers ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 11:05 pm   Permalink

I finally caught 'Hawaiian Eye' tonight. Awesome! My new favorite re-run show, and I only watched half of it. I had to see the Johnny Carson tribute Jay Leno did on The Tonight Show. Great tribute. Ed McMahon, Don Rickles, Bob Newhart, Drew Carrey, and KD Lang. Tons of great footage of Johnny from back in the day. Anyway...I'll catch up with Hawaiian Eye next week. Aloha!

the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 6:43 pm   Permalink

I don't suppose anyone knows if any distributor has the intent to put Hawaiian Eye out on DVD, do they?

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 3:00 pm   Permalink

I'd be very interested in that for sure. Monday's episode was filled with great Tiki-fun.

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-19 11:53 pm   Permalink

i've been watching Hawaiian Eye on ALN network (cable) ~ its been on sporadically, so i've just set my DVR to record it.

i found the entire set at
http://www.ilovethatdvd.com/ ~ 38 episodes on 19 DVDs for $115 bucks. seems reasonable! but its a little confusing, there's supposed to be 4 years and 134 episodes.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 02:59 am   Permalink

WOW!!! I wonder what the quality looks like? These have not been released legitametly yet. I may have to email them. Thanks for the tip and link. Hawaiian EyeeeeeeYa!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 1:13 pm   Permalink

Post from 2003

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 08:37 am   Permalink

Hey, JeffCentral, let me know what they said if you email them.. I kind of like the fact that I have work at collecting the episodes on my own, but it will take about ten years at this pace.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation