FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Hawaiian Eye--t.v. show
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Hawaiian Eye--t.v. show
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-23 6:32 pm   Permalink

I will keep my Hawaiian Eye out for one 75stingray.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-09 8:46 pm   Permalink

Here we have a nice publicity photo of Troy in a Hawaiian shirt in a bamboo backdrop.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PlainOtiki

Posted: 2013-05-21 2:50 pm   Permalink

It looks like there's finally an official way to watch old episodes, at least for now, and if you have a Roku device or don't mind watching them on your computer. Several episodes are available from each season via the new Warner Instant Archive, which provides access to Warner's "rare and hard-to-find movies and TV." I haven't tried it, so I can't vouch for the quality, but they are currently offering a free two-week trial ($9.99/month afterwards). Supposedly access for additional devices will be added in the future, but content may rotate as well, so these episodes may not last for long.

http://instant.warnerarchive.com/

View Profile of PlainOtiki Send a personal message to PlainOtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-16 6:35 pm   Permalink

Spotted this photo with Robert Conrad and Poncie Prince next to an old fernwood Tiki.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-18 6:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-21 14:50, PlainOtiki wrote:
It looks like there's finally an official way to watch old episodes, at least for now, and if you have a Roku device or don't mind watching them on your computer. Several episodes are available from each season via the new Warner Instant Archive, which provides access to Warner's "rare and hard-to-find movies and TV." I haven't tried it, so I can't vouch for the quality, but they are currently offering a free two-week trial ($9.99/month afterwards). Supposedly access for additional devices will be added in the future, but content may rotate as well, so these episodes may not last for long. http://instant.warnerarchive.com/

My husband just got a Roku 3 and the Warner Archive, as of last nite, has Hawaiian Eye. I assume the channel doesnt make it easy to cancel after the trial period so I was hesitant to try it. Anyhow, Hawaiian Eye has been found!

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-26 04:43 am   Permalink

Thanks TikiGoddess I got my daughter a Roku, So I'll go to her room and watch it. We have (one now deceased) a couple actors in the South Seas Cinema Society that worked on the show. Both half Polynesian and tall. One, the 6ft 6in Ben Chapman (who was also the Creature from the black lagoon) had the best story. During the pilot he was sitting with 6ft 4in Doug Mossman (co-star and owner of one of those Tiki Bars just outside the lot, the China Trader, that bigbrotiki mentioned) Anyway one of the new stars of the show walks by, Bob Conrad, who is really short, of course Chapman chuckles at this little guy and the next day Chapman is fired and his character is written out of the show.

Couple years after Chapman relates that story, Doug Mossman tells us that one of the bars at the Hilton Hawaiian Village will be dedicated as the new Shell Bar from the old Hawaiian Village and from the show. So the Cinema Society made a point to be there which was good because apparently no one else heard about it because we were over half the audience. Here ia a picture with myself and Connie Stevens (still cute)at that event about 5 or 6 years ago. The new Shell Bar (right adjacent to the lobby) is very unornate unlike a good tiki bar)

Still of young Connie on Hawaiian Eye:

Doug Mossman on the show, you know the one in the uniform everyweek.

Doug with Connie at the same Shell Bar dedication

Still of most of the main cast

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2014-07-26 04:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2014-07-26 04:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2014-07-26 04:51 ]

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-15 10:59 am   Permalink

Hawaiian eye suncatcher

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-22 3:15 pm   Permalink

Kiara,

Cool sun-catcher thingy. I spotted this nice photo of Anthony Eisley and the Hawaiian Eye Tiki on the sign for the investigation agency.

And of course this thread needs the Hawaiian Eye photo from Sven Kirsten's latest Tiki Pop tome.

DC

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-23 6:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-24 06:44, bigbrotiki wrote:
My new book will have a photo I took of the Hawaiian Eye office sign in it, now in posession of Doug "Moke" Mossman, the "guard" and Hawaiian advisor on the show. He had also lifted the original logo Tiki off the studio lot when the show closed, but it has since rotted away in his yard in Waikiki.

I posted the above 1 Year before "Tiki Modern" came out Doug Mossman brought the sign to a meeting with me and Dug Miller. He had it in the trunk of his car, and I photographed it on the pavement of the parking garage.

What I really appreciate about the Tiki on the sign is that its eyes are far more off-set in abstract-modernist stylization than on the statue.

It was a stroke of good luck to find that Connie Stephens photo on e-bay last year, nobody was watching! I love the naivety of the press caption on the back:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kraig
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-28 8:58 pm   Permalink

I have been looking and looking all over for DvDs or online streaming of this show.
Anyone?

View Profile of Kahuna Kraig Send a personal message to Kahuna Kraig  Email Kahuna Kraig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation