Tiki Central Forums Bilge Um....Ouch!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Um....Ouch!
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-16 5:47 pm   Permalink

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/16/nailgun.accident.ap/index.html

Guess that guy really got nailed.

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-01-16 6:36 pm   Permalink

I suppose he truly got the point though didn't he.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-01-16 6:44 pm   Permalink

"I can't get it out of my head" - ELO

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-16 7:23 pm   Permalink

He Hit the nail on the head too. His work said he was the Head Nailer too
Zoom in the pic and see his dentist friend will have his hands full with his wisdom teeth soon too.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-16 7:26 pm   Permalink

Quote from the end of the article:

"He's the luckiest guy, ever."

Just imagine what they must say about all those really really ultra-lucky people who go through life without nails getting shot into their brains!

Did you see that article about the woman who was trapped in the California mudslide for 3 days, and the rescuers said she was the luckiest woman in the world?

I'd say getting blown down a hillside and trapped in mud for three days would be an indicator of bad luck, myself.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-16 9:24 pm   Permalink

I've seen stories like this where people were shot or stabbed or nail-gunned and they didn't even know it. So he didn't notice a nail in the roof of his mouth? What about the nail's head? Wasn't there a hole to feel with his tongue? All I can guess is that he was REALLY drunk on the job to not feel this one.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-16 9:45 pm   Permalink

I'm sure there are thousands of people who've gotten nailed and didn't remember it happening...

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-01-17 12:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I've seen stories like this where people were shot or stabbed or nail-gunned and they didn't even know it.

My "friend" in 6th grade shot me in the leg with a BB gun. I felt something but didn't realize what it was until I rolled my sock down later and saw the little hole.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-17 3:45 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-19 01:05 am   Permalink

I'm still trying to figure out how the nail got in the roof of his mouth. When a guy at work shot himself in the foot, he sure as hell knew he he had a nail in his foot.

Those guns have a double safety. You have to depress the front of the gun before the trigger can be pulled.

My theories are he was horseing around and put the gun in his mouth and accidentally depressed the end without realising he had pressure on the trigger.

OR he was trying to kill himself with the nail gun.

I'm waiting for the details on this one. How does one not notice either the head of a nail, or a hole in the roof of your mouth? Really, has anybody ever chipped a tooth, or just bit their cheek hard enough to make an abrasion? You notice that stuff for days. And the smallest chip feels like you've taken a boulder sized chunk out of your tooth.

I'm just being my skeptical self on this one.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-20 12:45 am   Permalink

I just saw an article saying he's been handed a 100,000 dollar medical tab.

Now thats what really hurts!
TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-20 11:35 am   Permalink

It's actually pretty easy to get yourself with one of those things. Most people keep the trigger pulled constantly so that all you have to do is touch the gun where you want the nail and it goes off. YOu can work much faster that way. I have had numerous close calls, when shifting weight or losing balance, or swatting a bee, will cause you to swing the gun around abruptly and you just graze something like a boot, leg, or in this case your jaw, and WHAM!!

A buddy of mine got on David Lettermans Show and Tell segment a few months ago because he had an X-ray of his hand with a nail thru it.
Dave was well impressed.

Like I said, I've had close calls but have never actually been shot. At least not that I know of. ...I have had this nagging pain in my ass lately that keeps....
...I gotta go, my wife told me to get back to work.

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-20 8:44 pm   Permalink

The x-ray from the guy at work looked fake, as if someone had laid a nail across an x-ray of a foot. Right dead center in the heal.

TG

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-21 6:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I just saw an article saying he's been handed a 100,000 dollar medical tab

I wonder how long it will take for that guy to list the nail on Ebay.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-08 1:57 pm   Permalink

A new OUCH! to add to this thread:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02/07/WalesTesticles.reut/index.html

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation