[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Swanky's music shares on Swank Pad: update
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Swanky's music shares on Swank Pad: update
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-18 11:22 am   Permalink

Swank Pad is the new home of my music shares.

I have decided to start sharing some of my vinyl collection there.

Swank Blather
- Talkin' atcha

[ This Message was edited by: swanky 2006-07-21 06:32 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-18 1:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks Swanky - very kind. I'm already salivating at the thought of hearing & playing some of the stuff you've got stashed.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-18 2:37 pm   Permalink

Who cares?
2,352 versions of "Hawaiian War Chant."

(Swanky gave me a CD once that had nothing but different vinyl versions of HWC and it nearly drove me sane.)

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-19 06:50 am   Permalink

Yeah Swanky!! I love the idea of hearing your stash of classic vinyl. Thank you so much for sharing.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-20 6:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks Swanky...you are truly a generous
one to share your tunes...the last one
is very enjoyable...makes the nightly
nordic trac routine much more bearable.
If you get that bar up and running in
Knoxville I'll run my motorcycle down for
a few Mai Tais!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-23 11:21 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, Swanky! Realy dig them Tahitian tunes!
-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 11:55 am   Permalink

Cheers Swanky,
Much appreciated.

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 2:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks Swanky!

Finally, good stuff to feed my iPod.

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 11:34 am   Permalink

I had thought I would share the music with the TC ohana, but first bellybongo.com picked it up and then it got on a few blogs and now I am getting lots of hits every day. I am over bandwidth for the month in just a week's downloads! So, rather than pull the site and stop sharing, or only posting the url here and trying to keep it away from the outside Internet, I have made a donations page. We'll see how it goes. It's about $25 a month to cover the extra charges, so it won't take much to cover it. But then, if it gets real crazy, it could be more. I get a Gig a month for $25 more. If it goes over an extra Gig... well, we'll see.

So the link above now goe to the donatiosn page first. I'll have a new LP up there for February soon.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 12:18 pm   Permalink

Best cause I've found to donate to in a while (major global disasters notwithstanding).

Again, much appreciation, and I love the Hapa Haole Hideaway!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 06:57 am   Permalink

The new share is up. This month it's a Tahitian LP. I personally like this more traditional music. I'll get to some Hapa Haole music next month I think, and then maybe some true Exotica...

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 09:26 am   Permalink

And in a weird coincidence, the share on Vegas Vic's site has a few of the same songs!

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-08 6:24 pm   Permalink

Swanky - I love "Vini Vini" ever since I heard it on your "Swank Exotica" cd. I tried like crazy to find the lyrics to this song and kept coming up empty-handed, dagnabbit.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-08 7:41 pm   Permalink

I was so happy they danced to "Vini Vini" Friday night at Hukilau.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 4:34 pm   Permalink

The new EP share is up. This month I share one of my all time favorites, if not the all time favorite, Sam Makia - On the Beach at Waikiki. I have other records by him, but they don't compare. The female singer on this record is just awesome. And since it's an EP, I added a bonus track of my current LP love, Lani McIntyre. That stuff is just dreamy. Makes my heart hurt when I hear it. ENJOY

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation