FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Time for Real Tiki Presdential Party; Presidents Weekend at the Kon Tiki in Tucson AZ Feb 19
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Time for Real Tiki Presdential Party; Presidents Weekend at the Kon Tiki in Tucson AZ Feb 19
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-20 11:30 pm   Permalink

In light of the events in DC today, I thought that is was time to confirm the talk of a Presidental size Tiki party in the history packed Kon Tiki. It is now time for us to add to that 40+ years of history. I have spoken to Holden (Tiki Farm), I have spoken to Louie (Kon Tiki), and we all agree that Saturday of Prez weekend will be the day of the un-vailing of the new Kon Tiki Mugs. At the same time we will also be breaking in new menus as well (with a little help from Cruzan Rum). We are looking at starting around 5:30pm on Saturday with a full menu of island favorites and a bigger menu of drinks to go with them. I have spoken about this, but this time it is official. So sign on and let the good times roll.....

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Mo Fo on 2005-01-21 20:37 ]

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 8:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2005-01-20 23:30, Tiki Mo Fo wrote:

Saturday of Prez weekend will be the day of the un-vailing of the new Kon Tiki Mugs.

First night of new Kon Tiki tiki mugs?

Look mom, I going to make history!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PinkTikiLady

Posted: 2005-01-25 2:37 pm   Permalink

I am quite excited about the unveiling of the new Kon Tiki Mugs. This sounds like it will be a blast from the past type event while making history in it's own way. The Kon Tiki has always been a famous landmark and they serve the best Lunch Box that I've ever had! Mister Sparkles and I will check into out plane reservations (coming from Washington DC) and will get some more East Coast Tiki Heads to join in on the fun. With all of the snow we have here a few fun filled days of sun will be inviting!

View Profile of PinkTikiLady Send a personal message to PinkTikiLady  Email PinkTikiLady     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MustDangSally
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-26 3:07 pm   Permalink

Saturday Feb 19 works for me. I'm there! I can make a road trip down there and stay with old friends.

View Profile of MustDangSally Send a personal message to MustDangSally  Email MustDangSally     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. Arizona
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-26 6:27 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure I can make it. I'm on Jenny Craig and if I drink, then all I want to do is eat! Silly excuse, I know. Can't wait to see the responses on this one...

View Profile of Mrs. Arizona Send a personal message to Mrs. Arizona  Email Mrs. Arizona     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 8:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-26 18:27, Mrs. Arizona wrote:
I'm not sure I can make it. I'm on Jenny Craig and if I drink, ...

Doesn't matter what's in your new Kon Tiki tiki mug, just so long as your tiki mug is in your hand.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 1:27 pm   Permalink

I know I'm the one who brought up the three day weekend as a good idea, but the 19th is actually my birthday so I won't be able to make it. Can't believe there is finally something going on in AZ and I'm gonna miss it. Make sure to take plenty of pics.

vw

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 7:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2005-01-27 13:27, vwtikigirl wrote:

I know I'm the one who brought up the three day weekend as a good idea, but the 19th is actually my birthday so I won't be able to make it.

I cant think of a better Bday celebration?

Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-28 4:31 pm   Permalink

I have to agree with that......

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. Arizona
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-30 10:13 am   Permalink

Let's keep this idea going as the date gets closer. It would be a nice day trip from Scottsdale to Tucson. Screw the diet!!!!

View Profile of Mrs. Arizona Send a personal message to Mrs. Arizona  Email Mrs. Arizona     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
delphiniumangel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-01 1:27 pm   Permalink

Christiki and I will be there - we already have our plane tix and hotel reservations (long time ago) after talking to MoFO at opening night at lucky tiki

Aloha

View Profile of delphiniumangel Send a personal message to delphiniumangel      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-01 3:45 pm   Permalink

I just got off the Kon Tiki hotline with Louie.... Cruzan Rum has confirmed that they will be there with all kinds of promos and goodies..... He also told me that no one will be disappointed with the new drink receipes that will be making their way out of the vault......

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-01 11:43 pm   Permalink

The Kon Tiki in Tucson is a treasure, this is a great idea for a gathering. It's pencilled into my schedule, but I can't quite confirm yet. I hope to make it!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 3:49 pm   Permalink

There is a very good chance I might make it to this event. Can anyone suggest a decent place to stay near the Kon Tiki?

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miehana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-03 5:37 pm   Permalink

The "Hotel Congress" is the coolest hotel in Tucson! (Not "tiki", more "bullfighter western"!) They also have a great restaurant at the Congress.

View Profile of Miehana Send a personal message to Miehana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation