FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Time for Real Tiki Presdential Party; Presidents Weekend at the Kon Tiki in Tucson AZ Feb 19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Time for Real Tiki Presdential Party; Presidents Weekend at the Kon Tiki in Tucson AZ Feb 19
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 8:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-03 15:49, SON OF MOTHRA wrote:
There is a very good chance I might make it to this event. Can anyone suggest a decent place to stay near the Kon Tiki?

The Viscount Suites is basically down the street (and I think there is free continental breakfast).

I recommend Smuggler's Inn (listed below in the Arizona thread).

The Hotel Congress is one of Tucson's timeless treasures, with many a story to be told about who has walked through and what has gone on inside, but such stories may be better read than lived, unless you want a more Jack Kerouwac (sp) experience.

There also is always the Tiki Motel.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-03 10:04 pm   Permalink

I have to agree with christiki the smugglers has a nice trop feel and is not to far out of reach on price. It is alos down the street for the magic carpet min golf course with a Tiki theme. At this time I have no one using the limo so I am in hopes that we will to help with the transport.

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MustDangSally
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-05 2:26 pm   Permalink

Hotel Congress is more of an experience than a comfortable place to stay. So it depends what you're looking for.
It's been quite awhile since I've been to Kontiki, so I can't wait to see the new atmosphere. Hopefully still great Scorpions and seafood. It's had many owners and many changes. At one time there was water running under the bridge with Koi. There was a point when housed live Macaws. One owner had you cook your own "monkies on a stick" at a habchi on your table. That doesn't mix well with strong drinks, wicker, rittan, bambo, and valuable carved wooden poles, trust me....

[ This Message was edited by: mustdangsally on 2005-02-05 14:27 ]

View Profile of MustDangSally Send a personal message to MustDangSally  Email MustDangSally     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-07 12:32 pm   Permalink

I talked to Louie, and they want to do new T-shirts as well. They came up with a new designed and wondered if they should do some to mark the date. What do we think?

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-07 7:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-07 12:32, Tiki Mo Fo wrote:
I talked to Louie, and they want to do new T-shirts as well. They came up with a new designed and wondered if they should do some to mark the date. What do we think?

I'm up for one - just so long there is something on the front and back and it is available in XXL.

Do they want pre-purchase?

Wahinees may want tank tops or other style shirts.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-08 7:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-03 22:04, Tiki Mo Fo wrote:

At this time I have no one using the limo so I am in hopes that we will to help with the transport.

!! ???

A limosine to a tiki bar? Bring it on!

Is that how you roll in Tucson went frequenting tikibars?

Or, do we need to retain a driver, insurance, etc?

Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-08 11:13 pm   Permalink

Well, my buddy has a H1 that has been well it is much longer now. He said it is ours but I am sure that I will have to tip the driver... I just want to make sure that we have enough intrest... I will be getting a van or a burban, since we can not all fit in my vette....... But then again I am trying not to drive at all.....

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-09 8:00 pm   Permalink

You roll it with the H1?

I like it - a most appropriate tikimobile, particularly for the desert oasis Tucson.

I'll be glad to help make it happen, particularly if it means a pickup at Smuggler's Inn, to your place, Kon Tiki and return.

PS - I'm totally envious of your corvette (assuming its convertible).

Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-10 11:21 am   Permalink

I am still working it, so we will keep our fingers crossed. I may now have to come in on Late Fri nite so that may throw another curve. I need to save some days for the food and drink show in LV later this month. As far as the vettes I have 2 and they are both hard tops (t-top, targa top). I am still trying to get something like a van so on Sunday we can maybe do some touring.

Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-14 10:48 am   Permalink

I was wondering what time we were looking to meet up still. I still think that getting together earlier for dinner and a more private group is still best. I am still thinking happy hour times. Please let me know what you think.

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 10:47 pm   Permalink

Dinner at Kon Tiki instead of cocktails at your place - all good.

Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-15 09:54 am   Permalink

Drinks at my place can still work with me.... I have great views of the sunset and of the moonrise. The only problem is I am kinda out in the hills. However, I guess now will be the time finalize things.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 1:08 pm   Permalink

I just bought my airfare for this weekend, I resisted the urge to make it a long Arizona weekend, I'm just popping to Tucson for the party. I get into Tucson in the early afternoon, and leave the next morning. Sounds like the cool kids are staying at the Smuggler's Inn? I'm down for any pre-Kon Tiki gatherings, if there's room for me. Should I bother to get a rental car, or can a taxi take care of my needs for the evening?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 7:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-16 13:08, Humuhumu wrote:

Sounds like the cool kids are staying at the Smuggler's Inn? Should I bother to get a rental car, or can a taxi take care of my needs for the evening?

While I can't vouch for the quality of the company, I will certainly be more than happy to give you a ride during the evening.

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 7:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2005-02-16 13:08, Humuhumu wrote:

I'm down for any pre-Kon Tiki gatherings, if there's room for me.

I understand Tiki Mo Fo is finalizing his plans, as well.

Otherwise, I was thinking of paying homage at the giant tiki head minature golfland, which I understand is not too far away.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1325&forum=1&13

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation