FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Mr Smiley in Portland 2-11 and 2-12-2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Mr Smiley in Portland 2-11 and 2-12-2005
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-10 1:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-09 11:59, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-02-09 10:53, TikiMaxton wrote:
I put the call out to everybody again, so hopefully we'll get a good turnout!

thanks! did you reserve a table?

I can't wait! donuts!!!!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-10 2:50 pm   Permalink

There's a table reserved at Alibi for 8pm. It's under either Mark or Bruce, and it's supposed to be on the right hand side under the TV. I will be arriving late (a friend is premiering his first short at Spike and Mike's), so whoever is there first should grab the table and hold it fiercely. Wahoo!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-02-11 09:34 am   Permalink

only a few hours to go!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-02-11 2:59 pm   Permalink

see you all tonight at the ALibi around 8pm!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-02-11 3:03 pm   Permalink

It has never rained on me in Portland-I always seem to bring a break in the weather. This weekend showers are predicted, I wonder if my luck will hold off the rain!
Note; the no rain thing can NOT be said about going to Florida!!!! Hur-ri-cane!

Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-11 7:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-11 15:03, mrsmiley wrote:
It has never rained on me in Portland-I always seem to bring a break in the weather. This weekend showers are predicted, I wonder if my luck will hold off the rain!
Note; the no rain thing can NOT be said about going to Florida!!!! Hur-ri-cane!

Also, mrsmilery features 6 ft. plunger action!

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-02-12 4:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-11 19:40, tikimonkey wrote:

Also, mrsmilery features 6 ft. plunger action!

This is true:

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-02-14 5:02 pm   Permalink

Sorry that the plane delay didn't allow us to make it to the Alibi--nice to see those who made IT TO THE jASMINE tREE. John- I turned around and you were gone!
My phone refused to work for the rest of the weekend and only has become fully function this morning-much to my annoyance.
Had a nice steak, check out a nice modern bar downtown called Harrison's. Great monkey paintings!!! Inhaled tons of second hand smoke at either Terry's or the Yukon (which one has the orange bar?). Hung out with some of Portland's upstanding citizens at The Lutz Tavern. Ate good BBQ and tasty fried chicken and shared a 40 of PBR (in an 'ice' bucket) at Delta's restaurant. Oh, we shopped a little, checked out the beautiful Chinese Gardens and ran out of time to go the the other 43 dive bars on my list courtesy of a great Portland Publication "Barfly". There is always a next time!
Ps-The Jasmine Tree is eternally on the endangered list because Portland State University wants that whole section of land to expand. But, currently, I was told the PSU is cash poor so it may not happen immediately--just in the future....

mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-02-14 5:11 pm   Permalink

HOW could I forget Jens favorite place from when she used to live in Portland; Kays! Had a yummy Reuben sandwich! Possibly second best I have had (best is Wolfie Cohn's Rascal House in Miami).

dangergirl299

Posted: 2005-02-14 5:48 pm   Permalink

You also missed mentioning the coolest bar in PDX: the Driftwood Lounge at the Mallory.

It was Terry's with the "special surprise" in the women's bathroom (it involves a VERY large Fabio) which has baked goods for sale (cupcakes).

By "a little shopping" he means he wasted many hours in one antique store while my sister, her husband and I had time to: antique shop, drink a bottle of wine, and translate "War and Peace" into Hawaiian.

We also went to Voodoo donuts (tweakers) and the portland art museum. And of course, the space room.

and many other fabulous vintage stores.

[ This Message was edited by: dangergirl299 on 2005-02-14 17:49 ]

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-15 09:55 am   Permalink

Bruce, Looks like your rainless streak in Portland is over even though it cleared up nicely for the rest of the weekend. Sorry about the quick exit. I had to drive out of town early on Saturday so I had to run (or should I say weave?)

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation