FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Coconut (and other flavored) Rums...What are best?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Coconut (and other flavored) Rums...What are best?
tropicaldiver

Posted: 2009-06-01 4:05 pm   Permalink

Are you kidding...The best Coconut rum is " BRINLEY'S GOLD COCONUT RUM " hands down . I can't find another that comes close , at 70 proof too and very smooth.

View Profile of tropicaldiver Send a personal message to tropicaldiver      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-06-01 6:17 pm   Permalink

I have had the Brinley's before. It's not bad. Cruzan is much easier to get.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Connection
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-01 6:46 pm   Permalink

I'm not much for flavored rums, but would have to go with the Brinley's line as far as quality. Their coffee rum is great. Cruzan, however, is far more accessible and the price is usually right. I've been trying my hand at infusing my own rum. I've not mastered it yet, but it's been a fun experiment.

View Profile of Rum Connection Send a personal message to Rum Connection  Goto the website of Rum Connection     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-07 7:42 pm   Permalink

In a moment of weakness (may have been slightly intoxicated), I forewent my usual nose-up attitude (usually it lasts a minute or so before the urge to try anything new overwhelms me; in this case it lasted a few seconds) and picked up a damn bottle of Sailor Jerry's spiced.
And I like it. Hints of cherry & vanilla.
Purely (obviously) for quick drinks & shots, for uncomplicated enjoyment or what I call my McDonald's Moments.
No slander to Jerry's in that regards, tho'.

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation