[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New Carver
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Carver
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-11 11:10 pm   Permalink

That is lookin' sweet, Ono. I bumped a couple of threads up for you - one is mine. It's amazing how much feedback you get when you ask the right questions. I think that's really cool that you and your wife Tikitita carve together.

Aloha!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnoTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-12 01:40 am   Permalink

Thanks Aaron for bumping the threads, I am checking them out now. Ya kind of cool that my wife likes to carve now too. Makes spending hours in the garage much easier and buying new tools a snap

View Profile of OnoTiki Send a personal message to OnoTiki  Email OnoTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 05:35 am   Permalink

Quote:
Maybe someone can post a thread on sanding/finishing techniques. What you have used and what you find works the best. I am sure there was probably one already. Maybe we can bump it if you know where it is. Or start fresh for all us new cravers.

Black&Decker makes a nice little sander called "The Mouse." I used to hate sanding until I got one.
http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/ProductDetail.aspx?PID=9557

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CHUCKO

Posted: 2005-02-14 4:42 pm   Permalink

How long does it take for palm to dry enough to carve? Is there any secrets, because I'm so anxious to start my first carving I keep cutting into a wet log.

View Profile of CHUCKO Send a personal message to CHUCKO      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnoTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-14 6:49 pm   Permalink

I have never carved any Palm so I do not know. All the woods I have carved are Simi hard woods, mostly Mango and Norfolk Pine.

OnoTiki

View Profile of OnoTiki Send a personal message to OnoTiki  Email OnoTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 10:06 pm   Permalink

Norfolk Island pine is really beaytiful when it gets spalted with all the colors. Nice carving wood

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation