FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events sigh....
sigh....
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 2:17 pm   Permalink

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am forced to spend the next week at Hanalei Bay, Kauai....

Kauai Tiki update to follow upon return.......

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 2:27 pm   Permalink

Oh no, Pup, please let me take this bullet for you!

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 3:40 pm   Permalink

This is our favorite place !! We rented a house across from the bay last year and didn't do much but float in the bay.

Have a blast and make sure to visit the Tahiti Nui many times. Oh... and the ceviche from the guy at the end of the road by the pier is great too.
Much fun....super jealous!!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 7:14 pm   Permalink

Pup

My deepest, heartfelt, condolences.

You will be a better person having gone through this.

Your friend

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 8:23 pm   Permalink

Tough, Terry, tough...
Try to find out whatevva happened to the much touted renovation of the Coco Palms to it's vintage splendor.

Don't let it turn into "work" though.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 08:56 am   Permalink

So when I see you at the airport again, you'll be headed back from this place?
You have my deepest sympathies. My prayers go out to you and your loved ones.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 09:42 am   Permalink

Whaa, whaa whaaaaa. Ya jerk!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 2:07 pm   Permalink

there's a great fish market near the hospital in lihue. I think it's called Fish Express. mmmm. fish caught that day....
go snorkeling at tunnels! have a drink at the Princeville resort! I want to go.....

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 6:43 pm   Permalink

Tell my cousin I say "How's it"
Auntie & unclei too...

MTK

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-01-25 7:56 pm   Permalink

you poor thing. i pity your very existance.

that said, here's my trip report for the horrible place you are being forced to go
Kauai

i have saimin envy.
elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 08:08 am   Permalink

As someone who's watched Lilo & Stitch 500 times with my Gran'daughter I'd like to know if any of the Tikis from those movies or the TV series exist, espescially that lanai with all the Tiki poles in "Stitch, the Movie (Lilo & Stitch II)."

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 09:20 am   Permalink

About fricken time...

http://starbulletin.com/2005/01/26/news/index9.html

Quote:

On 2005-01-24 20:23, bigbrotiki wrote:
Tough, Terry, tough...
Try to find out whatevva happened to the much touted renovation of the Coco Palms to it's vintage splendor.

Don't let it turn into "work" though.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-28 11:50 pm   Permalink

Well, I've managed to tough it thru Kauai.... it was unbearable... nothing to do but lounge around the lush tropical landscape, down mai tais and have to put up with the local Tiki culture.....

couple of days on Oahu now, and I have to tough this part out at the Hawaiiana Hotel..... too many Tikis on the property.... its spooky! Wonder if any will fit in my carry on luggage.....

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation