Posted: 2005-01-24 4:40 pm   Permalink

TIKI TRAVEL SHOW!!!!!
Santa Monica - CA
Feb 27, 2005 @ 10 AM - 4 PM

Bamboo'Bamboo'Ben, 'Tiki News'Otto, Doug'Traveling'Nason
and my self will be profiled at this year's
the TravelStore - Vacation Fest Show

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al on 2005-01-24 16:42 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-24 8:48 pm   Permalink

There are usually tikis and Hawaiian music present, so this one promises to be an incredible tiki fest!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-11 02:08 am   Permalink

order one of these and pick it up in Santa Monica!

http://www.tikimania.com/docs/carving_philip.html

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-11 08:39 am   Permalink

I know I must be crazy but Santa Monica is a pretty big city. Is there an ADDRESS for this Travel Show??? I dont want to drive around aimlessly trying to find it!!! Any location info would be much appreciated.
Thanx,
Spermy

Nevermind - I figured out it is at the "SANTA MONICA CIVIC AUDITORIUM" see ya there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2005-02-11 08:43 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-11 10:05 am   Permalink

http://www.travelstoreusa.com/pages/337/VacationFest_2005.html

TravelStore is pleased to present our 6th Annual VacationFest, the best in travel sale:
February 27th, 2005
Hours: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Santa Monica Civic Auditorium
(for directions see below)

FREE Admission
FREE Trip Giveaways
EXCLUSIVE Discounts
The world's best cruises ON SALE(see below)
Every tour ON SALE (see below)
SAVE from $25 - $300 or more!
Special Guests:
OnStage Alaska presentation!
Doug Nason on tiki culture!
Travel photography workshop with award-winning photographer, Don Gale
Well over 100 of the world's best travel companies
DJ Otto with tropical music!
Special guests Crazy Al and Bamboo Ben!
Catering by Passionfruit!

LA's Biggest One-Day Travel Sales takes place Feb. 27th!
For more info call: (310) 575-5540

Directions to Santa Monica Civic, 1855 Main Street:
(located south of Third Street Promenade and Santa Monica Place Mall): From the 10 Freeway driving west, exit at Fourth Street.Make a left onto 4th St.,a right at Pico Blvd. (next street), and the next right at Main St. to the parking lot entrance.

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-17 6:04 pm   Permalink

I liked seeing, in the LA Weekly, "DJ Otto with tropical music! Special guests Crazy Al and Bamboo Ben!"

I did not like seeing that they eliminated the tiki motiff from the ad.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-02-20 12:37 am   Permalink

Hey Christiki! Hows it? Adrift clothing got involved as well, and I will sneak in my little Trader booth with new paintings, prints, and of course hand carved wood tiki necklaces. I can't wait to see the slide show by Doug Nason, and did I hear Tiki carving by ... the world famous Crazy Al Evans?

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 9:55 pm   Permalink

TRUE!!
Tiki#85 in 30 minutes!!
With an AXE!!
alright... maybe a chisel too...
ok... maybe 50 min... what ever..
place a bid and walk with it if you win...

come out and save some shipping on my stuff and Ben Bars....grab a necklace from Tony! and get a TIKI NOW SHOW catalog signed by both of us!! Otto too!!
and others as well... Great tunes and drinks I hear.... see you there

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-24 7:12 pm   Permalink

Can't wait! Whetting my dreams of returning to Hawaii and tiki and TIkiTonY, too.

Bring it on!

Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 12:19 am   Permalink

Rebecca and I will be there but please don't talk too loud as we will both have a hangover from our fourth anniversary party at the Purple Orchid on Saturday.

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-27 04:31 am   Permalink

As one of the artists from Otto's "Tiki Art Now" Book I will be dropping by to sign copies and hopefully to catch Doug Nason's talk in the afternoon - as in PM the only sane time for a Sunday...

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 12:23 pm   Permalink

Hey Everybody. The LA Travel Show was great. It was nice to see Bamboo Ben, Crazy Al, Otto, Doug Nasan, and Tiki Tony getting such a prominent location at the show. Everyone knows they were the main draw. Doug's slide show was very interesting. That upcoming Tiki Tour sounds intriguing.

Crazy Al's tiki he was working on was looking quite excellent. I was wondering how much the lucky bidder ended up getting it for?

[ This Message was edited by: Riptide on 2005-02-28 21:13 ]

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 12:37 pm   Permalink

I was glad I could make it up there, if very tired from moving my Daughter's stuff into a storage space on Saturday. I watched C'Al carve, listened to Otto spinning exotica, looked for a Tiki shirt for my Gran'Daughter from Adrift (no size 2 :sigh:), watched Doug Nason's presentation, bought an Ape CD, thought about buying a copy of "Tiki Art Now," and saw a number of Tiki Central member who I hadn't seen in person before. My only disapointment was that Ben didn't wear this suit:

Ben, I'm starting reading "How Daddy Became a Beachcomber" tonight. After I'm done should I try to make a 2nd photocopy to be sent around?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTina

Posted: 2005-02-28 2:00 pm   Permalink

Yeah, attended TikiFest. It was pretty cool. I bought a signed copy of 'Tiki Art Now' from Otto and one of Crazy Al's tiki #13 mugs, signed! I wish Ape could've played, but there didn't seem to be much room to do much. I said 'hi' to Tiki Tony and he remembered me from Tiki Beach Great carvings there, Tiki Tony. I had a nice time there and got to walk the Promenade.

View Profile of TikiTina Send a personal message to TikiTina  Email TikiTina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 6:15 pm   Permalink

hey Freddie! try http://www.tikibaby.com my friend will have what you need!

thanks for all the great support once more!! tiki folks rule!

30 minute Tiki#85 never came to be
to close a carving space to Otto's turntables and vintage vinyl

see you all at Oasis!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al on 2005-02-28 18:15 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation